5 Things You Should Do Everyday | Teen Ink

5 Things You Should Do Everyday

By kar13 PLATINUM, Mahwah, New Jersey
kar13 PLATINUM, Mahwah, New Jersey

"Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance."
"Our finger prints don't fade from the lives we've touched"

Everybody has his own daily routine; however, sometimes he may have trouble finding that perfect system to stick to. Here are a few things that everybody should incorporate in o his daily life. Read it. Believe it. Share it. Live it.

1. Smile: Every morning, stand in front of the mirror and put on a huge grin. Got it? Good. Now hold it. Do not move for about 5 minutes. Tick Tock Tick tock…okay time’s up! Now how you feel? Unusually happy right? Do this every day and being happy will no longer be something you have to be, but something you are.
2. Laugh: Laugh like a hyena. Laughing is actually proven to help you live longer and it's fun! Laughing will cheer you up and give you an automatic confident boost.
3. Hug: Hugging is absolutely one of my favorite things to do. Not only does it feel good to give a hug, but you will make the day of whoever you hug.
4. Compliment: An old friend said I looked really nice. I was wearing sweats, my hair was up in a messy bun, and I barely had on any make-up. He still noticed something and decided to compliment me. He told me, “Give 20 different people at least one compliment each day and the world will be a better place”. It’s as simple as that.
5. Cry: Tears of joy, Tears of happiness. Whatever type of tears come pouring out of your innocent eyes, remember that crying is not a sign of weakness. It’s a sign that you actually are passionate about something in life, and passion is essential to living instead of just being. Let the emotion spill out of you, it’s alright-you deserve to just let it all out.

Make the world a better place; outshine the golden rays of the sun. Remember that even ONE person CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!