Dishes To Rebounds | Teen Ink

Dishes To Rebounds

By PaigeLove17 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
PaigeLove17 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

When people picture housewives they imagine cooking, cleaning, and Mrs. Perfect, and when they portray basketball they see rebounds, superstars, and drive ins. Both demand a great deal of respect but one side tends to be more possessive. Housewives dislike basketball because they envy the respect it receives from their family. Why does such a noted sport spark such a flame with these women?

Women of this nature are a custom to a daily routine of slaving over their house with scrubbing bubbles, decorations, and laundry. Along with their hobbies of cooking and Farmville they simply have no time in their day. It isn't until their husbands come home that their daily dose of anxiety kicks in. They know that the typical beer in hand sports night is coming. Now most women respect Monday night football but, for some unfathomable reason they cannot stand even the mere sound of buzzer beaters and overly eager announcers. However, what these housewives fail to see is what a truly amazing game they are missing.

Attention grabber, suspenseful, and entertaining all describe the game of basketball. This game can go from one team losing by twenty points to suddenly winning by twenty points. Change is constantly occurring in basketball unlike the housewives schedule so they should appreciate the sudden difference. Not only does this game keep you involved and on the edge of your seat, but it also involves attractive men. If these housewives cannot appreciate that because they are so deep then maybe they can enjoy the sophisticated game plays. Once they learn to love this game they will not only stop feeling left out but, they can even earn a new hobby that doesn’t involve computerized crops.

The families of these women will love their newly converted mothers and wives because they will stop fighting the subject. Housewives will gain closer friendships with their children because they will no longer banish them to their lonely bedrooms where they feel isolated. In conclusion, once housewives accept and cherish basketball the world will be a better place.