Maui and its Adventures | Teen Ink

Maui and its Adventures

When all eight of us got off the plane, we could feel the humidity in the air and we were all so excited. I’m finally here, in Hawaii. All we wanted to do was go to the beach, swim and just have fun. My mom, my step dad, my two brothers, my two step-brothers, my step-sister and I were here at Hawaii for my mom and step-dads wedding. The beach and me for a week and a half.

A few days after the wedding, my aunt, my brother Kade, my step-sister, my little cousins and I went to the beach. We all started playing in the sand and building sand castles. But it was starting to get hot. Very hot, so we dove into the water. There was some coral and I thought it was so cool. I went on top of it like my brother, Kade, was doing. Just trying to scare me, he said “You know Ashton, there are eels in the coral.” I was scared and I decided that I didn’t even want to touch the coral anymore. So I tried to swim over it with out touching it. I realized that the water that was between the coral and the surface was getting shallower, but I still had a ways to go. As I was swimming, I hit and scraped my knee very hard. I didn’t really notice it was so bad, so I just kept swimming. I had goggles, so I looked under and my blood was rushing through the water. It scared me, so I told my Aunt and she went to get help or get a first aid kit at a near by hotel. It didn’t hurt that bad, but it was a cool scar.