The Product of Our Nation | Teen Ink

The Product of Our Nation

By TheEdgar PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina
TheEdgar PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina

"If you are in need of forgetting something, make a note to remember it."

Life is harsh. People are harsh. And sadly there is nothing we can do about it. We all sit in a coffin and bury our face into our hands hiding like a small child in the dark. And in this place of fear and denial we are small children. Things happen around us or happen to us. Friends die and people are hurt. And no one can say it was for the better. But its fear that keeps us down more often than pain. We fear the next thing will be bad and assume it to be bad when it happens. We cower and hide or avoid the issue. But none of this will make it better. And in the end we have to find a comfort or someone to lean on or we fall apart like old bones in a coffin. Our state won't change and our lives may stay the same, but the strong aren't always the ones getting back up. The weak will fall because of their lack of trying. And the strong are just the ones fighting to stand back up. Not even they will succeed at times! Not everyone will succeed. But how can you even fathom the thought of succeeding without attempt? In this nation today we rejoice over the death of a human being. No matter if they were a terrorist or not. As a nation when we rejoice it just shows how pitiful we are. Is death now amusing? If it takes death to encourage one or even many then should we kill innocent beings as well? I believe that the recent death of Osama Bin Laden was necessary but our cries and cheers were not. We can be happy for the lessening of a threat but not because a man is dead. You preach against capital punishment and other judicial processes, yet you rejoice when one, single man dies? This nation has fallen into a state of contradictions and false beliefs. It has become a place of havoc rather than safety. Rapist, molesters, murderers, and even suicides plague the streets of our country today. Is this the product of our labor? Of our wars fought for peace? Is this why we send our men and women out to die in foreign countries?