Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Silent No More This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Anonymous, Raynham, MA

“Is he gay?”
"I think so.”
“Yeah, I'm pretty sure.”
“Ask him.”
“Hey, are you–”

The last period bell cut off the cacophony of fresh gossip. My ears burned with embarrassment, and I walked away as quickly as possible, feeling clunky and awkward. There had always been rumors about my sexual orientation, but the painfully straightforward questions made me cringe. I tried to shrug off the girls' malice as ignorance, but I became preoccupied with thought. My blood rose with anger as I heard their laughter in the background. Inhibitions blinded, I rashly shouted, “Some people are so rude!”

“You f-----t!

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

34 comment(s)
Roza_
Thank you for writing this..... This gave me courage, I get made fun of for a different reason though.....
Apr. 24, 2015 at 2:46 PM • Report
VidsVids14
So proud of you, it must've taken courage to do this!
Mar. 17, 2015 at 10:46 PM • Report
AdeleandLoriforever
This is so amazing! I love this story so much!! You should be a writer I would so buy your book :D :D :D Also I don't know if I could stand u for myself like that well done
Mar. 03, 2015 at 11:03 AM • Report
bandgeek23
I liked your story and I'm glad you stood up for who you are. Not everyone can write a story about a certain time in their life and gained confidence from it.
Feb. 17, 2015 at 1:47 PM • Report
JoJo_Jordan
This is awesome, I'm glad you stood up for yourself.
Feb. 16, 2015 at 5:02 PM • Report
swiftie_emz
I am glad you stood up for yourself, and it feels nice to read you do not hold grudges and find hate unproductive'. :)
Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:04 AM • Report
Ronny
Great atricle!!!! you have great writing abilities!
Dec. 17, 2014 at 6:08 PM • Report
Nated315
this contains a perfect balance of a lesson/message to change the world, and personal insight to a world problem!!!!
Dec. 09, 2014 at 12:09 PM • Report
Mo-Con
This story is a great example of bullying situatons and what a victim shoud do. Although I felt it was a little one sided. Not everyone can just do what your charecter did and maybe you could have metioned that a little.
Nov. 18, 2014 at 2:24 PM • Report
HoseSkater
I have not been in your particular situation, but I have been in one similar. Last year it took me almost all school year to tell anyone whast was going on. I was bullied for 8 years and last year it was the worst year yet. It has to get worse before it gets better right. But, going back to the situation, my vice prinicpal had been in my situation when he was my age. I know I should have told someone sooner, becasue now I don't get picked on at all. All you have to do to stop the situation is tell someone the truth, and get it off your chest. That is really the only way that you can deal with any bullying situation.  With your situation, I think it was great of you to share yor story. When I finally told my story my vice principal yelled at me for writing it... I said, "Its not my fault I can write." You really know how low teenagers can really go. Sorry you had to learnthe hard way like I did.
Nov. 05, 2014 at 9:23 PM • Report
Close