Subscribe   Submit Work   Log In

Silent No More This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Anonymous, Raynham, MA

“Is he gay?”
"I think so.”
“Yeah, I'm pretty sure.”
“Ask him.”
“Hey, are you–”

The last period bell cut off the cacophony of fresh gossip. My ears burned with embarrassment, and I walked away as quickly as possible, feeling clunky and awkward. There had always been rumors about my sexual orientation, but the painfully straightforward questions made me cringe. I tried to shrug off the girls' malice as ignorance, but I became preoccupied with thought. My blood rose with anger as I heard their laughter in the background. Inhibitions blinded, I rashly shouted, “Some people are so rude!”

“You f-----t!

Page 1 of 4

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

56 comment(s)
I wish people could be strong like this. Sure it takes awhile, but we all need to be strong
Oct. 10, 2016 at 4:22 PM • Report
Whatever comes, just face it. It will be fine for its ur life and its u who is living it.Stand up for what u feel is right for u.
Sep. 19, 2016 at 2:02 PM • Report
im not belong from an lgbt group but i am bullied due to my physical appearance and now i felt motivated and i will do my deeds to be a better one like you :)
Aug. 16, 2016 at 3:44 AM • Report
This is extremely powerful. Good job
Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:01 PM • Report
this really hit home.
Apr. 13, 2016 at 2:41 PM • Report
I don't think bullying people is right. Is not okay to bully someone just because you are insecure of yourself
Apr. 01, 2016 at 2:59 PM • Report
congratulations on coming out. that must have taken a lot of courage, especially after how those girls treated you!
Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:36 PM • Report
good job
Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:34 PM • Report
This is a really good story. Courage is a thing a lot of people lack. Keep writing.
Feb. 19, 2016 at 8:17 AM • Report
You're amazing, keep writing
Feb. 11, 2016 at 12:20 PM • Report