Subscribe   Submit Work   Log In

Silent No More This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Anonymous, Raynham, MA

“Is he gay?”
"I think so.”
“Yeah, I'm pretty sure.”
“Ask him.”
“Hey, are you–”

The last period bell cut off the cacophony of fresh gossip. My ears burned with embarrassment, and I walked away as quickly as possible, feeling clunky and awkward. There had always been rumors about my sexual orientation, but the painfully straightforward questions made me cringe. I tried to shrug off the girls' malice as ignorance, but I became preoccupied with thought. My blood rose with anger as I heard their laughter in the background. Inhibitions blinded, I rashly shouted, “Some people are so rude!”

“You f-----t!

Page 1 of 4

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

61 comment(s)
bo_olsen
I can relate to bullying about my sexuality, because I recently came out as gender fluid, and people are always throwing gender specific pronouns at me, although I am not brave enough to say that my hardships have been a blessing, because they haven't to me. I am a coward of sorts, and surprised at myself for even coming out at all. Cheers to you!
Apr. 13, 2017 at 12:47 PM • Report
eshaansoman
good story, w/ classic ending! check out my work too if you have a chance!
Mar. 24, 2017 at 2:12 PM • Report
hailey011001
You are very brave, many others wouldn't have your courage. Keep strong, I am so glad you have gotten to the point of acceptance. :)
Jan. 31, 2017 at 3:28 PM • Report
ramosfreddy
pretty cool that you are able to do all this. love this story.
Dec. 08, 2016 at 1:41 PM • Report
GeriskHer
pretty cool that you're able to do all of this. not a lot of people that i know of, would have been able to done what you have done.
Dec. 08, 2016 at 1:30 PM • Report
NinjaEmily
I wish people could be strong like this. Sure it takes awhile, but we all need to be strong
Oct. 10, 2016 at 4:22 PM • Report
H3LLBORN
Whatever comes, just face it. It will be fine for its ur life and its u who is living it.Stand up for what u feel is right for u.
Sep. 19, 2016 at 2:02 PM • Report
therealwithpurpose
im not belong from an lgbt group but i am bullied due to my physical appearance and now i felt motivated and i will do my deeds to be a better one like you :)
Aug. 16, 2016 at 3:44 AM • Report
Peanutgirl99
This is extremely powerful. Good job
Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:01 PM • Report
gio2656
this really hit home.
Apr. 13, 2016 at 2:41 PM • Report
Close