Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Silent No More This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Anonymous, Raynham, MA

“Is he gay?”
"I think so.”
“Yeah, I'm pretty sure.”
“Ask him.”
“Hey, are you–”

The last period bell cut off the cacophony of fresh gossip. My ears burned with embarrassment, and I walked away as quickly as possible, feeling clunky and awkward. There had always been rumors about my sexual orientation, but the painfully straightforward questions made me cringe. I tried to shrug off the girls' malice as ignorance, but I became preoccupied with thought. My blood rose with anger as I heard their laughter in the background. Inhibitions blinded, I rashly shouted, “Some people are so rude!”

“You f-----t!

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

41 comment(s)
Lanimal
I so admire your confidence and ability to learn how to love yourself. Please continue to write! This article was amazing and I look forward to reading more of your work. :)
Aug. 30, 2015 at 10:58 PM • Report
JoJoJordan16
I hate when people do this, this is why I told my friends first.
May. 27, 2015 at 4:16 PM • Report
Katyaini
Accepting the way you are is like the hardest thing in life of any teen, You stood up for yourself and that's something very brave and admirable. TFS
May. 23, 2015 at 9:54 AM • Report
Julie W.
You can now tag other users by using "@".
May. 20, 2015 at 2:12 PM • Report
Roza_
Thank you for writing this..... This gave me courage, I get made fun of for a different reason though.....
Apr. 24, 2015 at 2:46 PM • Report
VidsVids14
So proud of you, it must've taken courage to do this!
Mar. 17, 2015 at 10:46 PM • Report
AdeleandLoriforever
This is so amazing! I love this story so much!! You should be a writer I would so buy your book :D :D :D Also I don't know if I could stand u for myself like that well done
Mar. 03, 2015 at 11:03 AM • Report
bandgeek23
I liked your story and I'm glad you stood up for who you are. Not everyone can write a story about a certain time in their life and gained confidence from it.
Feb. 17, 2015 at 1:47 PM • Report
JoJo_Jordan
This is awesome, I'm glad you stood up for yourself.
Feb. 16, 2015 at 5:02 PM • Report
swiftie_emz
I am glad you stood up for yourself, and it feels nice to read you do not hold grudges and find hate unproductive'. :)
Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:04 AM • Report
Close