Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Silent No More This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Anonymous, Raynham, MA

“Is he gay?”
"I think so.”
“Yeah, I'm pretty sure.”
“Ask him.”
“Hey, are you–”

The last period bell cut off the cacophony of fresh gossip. My ears burned with embarrassment, and I walked away as quickly as possible, feeling clunky and awkward. There had always been rumors about my sexual orientation, but the painfully straightforward questions made me cringe. I tried to shrug off the girls' malice as ignorance, but I became preoccupied with thought. My blood rose with anger as I heard their laughter in the background. Inhibitions blinded, I rashly shouted, “Some people are so rude!”

“You f-----t!

Page 1 of 4

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

55 comment(s)
H3LLBORN
Whatever comes, just face it. It will be fine for its ur life and its u who is living it.Stand up for what u feel is right for u.
Sep. 19, 2016 at 2:02 PM • Report
therealwithpurpose
im not belong from an lgbt group but i am bullied due to my physical appearance and now i felt motivated and i will do my deeds to be a better one like you :)
Aug. 16, 2016 at 3:44 AM • Report
Peanutgirl99
This is extremely powerful. Good job
Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:01 PM • Report
gio2656
this really hit home.
Apr. 13, 2016 at 2:41 PM • Report
Goteeem
I don't think bullying people is right. Is not okay to bully someone just because you are insecure of yourself
Apr. 01, 2016 at 2:59 PM • Report
Brendan1530
congratulations on coming out. that must have taken a lot of courage, especially after how those girls treated you!
Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:36 PM • Report
dylllllllll
good job
Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:34 PM • Report
Fiestygirl24
This is a really good story. Courage is a thing a lot of people lack. Keep writing.
Feb. 19, 2016 at 8:17 AM • Report
prettymystic
You're amazing, keep writing
Feb. 11, 2016 at 12:20 PM • Report
CianaB
I wish I everyone had the courage to stand up for themselves. This is well written and I admire you. KEEP WRITING!!!!!
Jan. 27, 2016 at 4:53 PM • Report
Close