Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Only a Woman This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By CarrieAnn13, Goodsoil, Canada

“My Lady, Octavian is here.” Neferura, my only loyal servant was in a panic. “It will only be a matter of time before he finds you here.”

“I won’t hide any longer. Bring my paints, my best red sheath and my most expensive jewelry. I’ve charmed two Roman men; there’s no reason I can’t charm this one too.”

Neferura bowed, then ran out of the mausoleum I had been hiding in for the past few months. Had it really only been a couple of months since everything had gone wrong? Our fleet was destroyed at Actium, Mark Antony committed suicide and now the Emperor had arrived in Egypt. If I couldn’t charm Octavian like I charmed Julius Caesar and Mark Antony, then I would soon return to my mausoleum as a corpse.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

24 comment(s)
ACkYeFirst
Good work! You have a great introduction to Cleopatra here. Have you considered expanding on the story in a new work? There's a lot here into which you could go even deeper (her relationship with the other men, how she became Pharoah, details on her meeting with Octavian, etc.)! I would love to see that! What an interesting topic!
Jun. 06, 2014 at 3:24 PM • Report
DragonAmerica
I love this! Great job on making the historical event so emotional! I relally really liked this! XD
May. 28, 2014 at 3:40 PM • Report
Scully
Awesome! I really enjoyed this!
Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:13 PM • Report
DramaLlama96
So, so great.
Mar. 20, 2014 at 11:13 PM • Report
SouthernBell99
I loved how you potrayaed Cleopatra! It was wounderful!
Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:19 AM • Report
C.delaMare
This was amazing. I loved your portrayal of Cleo. Well done!!
Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM • Report
CarrieAnn13
Thank you!  I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :)
Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:42 AM • Report
DawnieRae
I loved this it was wonderful!!!!! I love your descriptions, and how you pertrated Cleopatra. It seems like you know a lot about her. I also really like Desertion.
Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM • Report
CarrieAnn13
Thank you!  Three years after writing this, I know a whole lot more about Cleopatra now than I did then.  However, this was my best work at the time and I'm happy you enjoyed it. :)
Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:41 AM • Report
rhea752
Amazing story!!! This was saddening and empowering!! Well done!! Keep writing!! :)
Jun. 06, 2013 at 1:04 PM • Report
Close