What the Hell is Wrong with this World? - Two Year Old Smoker | Teen Ink

What the Hell is Wrong with this World? - Two Year Old Smoker

The news came around one month ago or so. I was in my room cleaning trying to avoid my mom's lectures until I went outside and heard this ODDball news on the Filipino Channel. It really didn't matter for me when I saw a highschool freshmen already smoking a cigarette and my dad who started smoking when he was just twelve years old. They were, I would say in my perspective, "old" enough to smoke. You may think that they were too young to smoke and as we all know, smoking is a bad habit for children, teenagers, and adults. The LAW states that smoking is allowed only for those who are 18 and up (or I maybe wrong). But could you imagine someone smoking at a VERY YOUNG age? Look this up. You may not believe me, but it's true! In Indonesia, a young, cute boy at the age of two (2 YEARS OLD!) KNOWS HOW TO SMOKE! HE CAN EVEN LIGHT HIS OWN CIGARETTE! It even showed a clip of the boy on t.v.! He wasn't really embarrassed. In fact, he was smiling! I was so shocked at the news and wonder "What the hell is going on with this world?". REALLY. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS WORLD? A few hours ago, I was in the car with my mom and sister. We were heading home and as always, my mom and sister ALWAYS talk in the car while I'm isolated from them (I don't really like chatting). Then, my sister mentioned about the same story about the two year old boy smoking (she founded this on the internet). The story was that the young boy came from a poor family. His parents had to take him with them because they were nobody to take care of him, but his parents were too busy and didn't know his whereabouts while they were working. One day, they were trying to look for their son and saw somewhere or nowhere in some corner was him smoking!. Nobody knew how he did it. Some say someone taught him and some say he followed what others were doing. Seriously, our world has gone INSANELY CrAzY! I don't think anything was done. They should DO SOMETHING! Smoking can really hurt the children in our generation and it would go on and on making it even worse! My sister personally said that they should arrest those kind of people especially the parents who are not cooperating with their children. And I do agree with her. HELLO! OUR FUTURE IS IN THE HANDS OF THE CHILDREN! And again, "WHAT KIND OF WORLD ARE WE LIVING IN IF THE FUTURE GENERATION IS NOT WELL TAKEN CARE OF?".

I wrote this piece two years ago and didn't know I still had it. I thought to share what I thought about this two year old smoker.