Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Swallowing Stones by Joyce McDonald

By Bapalapa2, VA

Swallowing Stones by Joyce McDonald is a suspenseful book about a tragic accident that set off a chain of events that would change the small town of Briarwood forever. Michael Mackenzie fired off his Winchester Rifle on July 4th, showing it off to his best friends. Little did he know that he had taken the life of a man, and this act would create horrible repercussions.

There are 2 main characters within this book; Michael Mackenzie, the accidental killer and Jenna Ward, the daughter of the deceased father. After Michael finds out about the event, his best friend Joe, tells him to keep it covert because he could be imprisoned for it. But throughout the book Michael is plagued by guilt from his conscience as more and more people are becoming involved and getting hurt. During the course of the book Michael is going through a lot of emotional struggle, and is thinking on deeper and entirely new levels.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
Ben H.
it was a good book
Feb. 04, 2015 at 10:26 AM • Report
I read this book after getting in trouble at school and being put in inschool suspension and our teacher required us to read this book. I learned something from this book. That for every action you do it could change someones life and the consequences of our actions can be ruthful. Definitely made me think about what I do before I do it. It a must read for all people.
Jan. 27, 2015 at 8:43 PM • Report