The World’s Favorite Sport | Teen Ink

The World’s Favorite Sport MAG

By Ryan Guidry BRONZE, Destrehan, Louisiana
Ryan Guidry BRONZE, Destrehan, Louisiana

Ever wondered what all the soccer hype is about? On the surface, soccer may seem dangerous with all its pushing, tripping, and penalties, but if you examine the game more closely, you will see that soccer has many positive aspects.

Of all the sports played around the world today, which are the most popular and have the greatest benefits to society? Here in the United States, the answer is clearly football and baseball. Around the world, however, that title belongs, without a doubt, to soccer, or, as it's often called, football.

Soccer's global popularity could be due to the fierce rivalries between national teams, or the fact that anybody can play the game, regardless of how rich or poor they are.

Soccer has a huge economic impact globally. The sport can help a country's economy in many ways. When new stadiums are built, construction workers are needed, which provides employment, and the stadiums themselves lead to improved local infrastructure. Once the stadiums are built, they also provide employment for people when games and other activities take place.

Another major benefit of soccer is its social influence on children and adults everywhere. The game creates camaraderie, the companionship of a team, and improved communication with others. Soccer endorses cultural and humanitarian values through youth programs that encourage children to have fun and get healthy by playing sports. The sport teaches children life skills, communication, and creativity. It also helps build character and inspires young people's dreams. Soccer shows players how to work together as a team; you definitely cannot win a match individually. Finally, soccer promotes education, enthusiasm, solidarity, and family involvement.

From the smallest town to the largest metropolis, soccer permeates all classes and cultures, and contributes to an egalitarian society by uniting people of all ages, creeds, colors, religions, and social backgrounds. It also brings unfriendly nations together, even in troubled times. Every four years, hundreds of nations come together to compete in the World Cup. The Fédération Internationale de Football Association, also known as FIFA, promotes soccer as a symbol of hope and integration throughout the world.

As you can see, soccer is a wildly popular sport that gives lots of joy to people around the world, brings people together, and continues to grow every day.

pumas said...
on Sep. 16 2011 at 2:32 pm
the book is ok but you should write abouth the team barcelona the best team in the world

foreverlsu14 said...
on Sep. 13 2011 at 9:53 am

Thats my son, thug life