Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

What's The Point of Critique? This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By julian, Eugene, OR

To whom it may concern,
There are many aspects of Teen Ink that I cherish. For example, I enjoy reading the brilliant submissions that are promoted on the site. I appreciate being able to write about anything that is on my mind, and getting feedback from like-minded individuals. I also love giving critique to writers who need it, and I enjoy getting feedback on my writing in return. There’s only one problem. What is the point of giving critique to users if the writers can’t actually utilize it?

I get lots of wonderful critique on my writing, and yet I am unable to do anything with the feedback, besides deleting the piece and resubmitting it with the revisions. Then I would have to wait several weeks before it goes online, and when that happens, I would have to start all over in the process of getting people to read, comment, and rate the piece.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

3 comment(s)
Klammyt
Yes! This would be so useful!
Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:57 PM • Report
Love2Read72
I agree with you. If you get constructive criticism, you should be able to try to fix it.
May. 04, 2014 at 12:10 AM • Report
Superhero_Fan
I agree! This would help out a lot!
Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:17 PM • Report
Close