Monotonous Twilight by BendingBookshelves | Teen Ink

Monotonous Twilight by BendingBookshelves

By Ninasplaylist BRONZE, Covington, Louisiana
Ninasplaylist BRONZE, Covington, Louisiana

CAUTION SOME SPOILERS
I read this book when it first came out at the recommendation of my Librarian. I read it quickly and found it to be full of purple prose, 2-d lack luster characters, flat plot line, "useless" vocabulary, and grammar mistakes left and right. Stephenie Meyer spends pages writing about how the kitchen table looks like instead of deeply describing her characters. She goes on to describe how the forest looks in the middle of a battle scene (this happens later in the series). She harps on the smallest of details that are utterly insignificant to the scene. Stephenie Meyer is proud to call this book part of a saga, but she clearly doesn't know what a saga is. SAGA: a long narrative of Heroic achievement. Please tell me what is so heroic about a vampire falling in love with a human. It has happened hundreds of times before, hundreds. And i Must say it has been done better, hundreds of times.

~The Main Characters~
Bella Swan is supposed to be a "smart" and "independent" character. She was all but the contrary. Bella was supposedly ahead in all of her classes, but her intellect was not shown in the novel. Her independence was no where to be found, she clings to her beau Edward the whole novel and feels lost without him.
Edward Cullen is Bella's a fiercely protective beau. I must say if any boyfriend of mine started acting like Edward i would report him, immediately.

~Lack Luster Plot~
Girl moves to forks
Girl Falls in love
Boy things girl smells good
Girl finds out boyfriend is a vampire
Girl goes against his warnings
Boy things Girl Smells good
Boy's family kills enemy vampire
Girl goes to a trap vampire set
Boy must save girl
Girl sits back and does nothing
Boy does all the work
Girl ends up in hospital
confesses pathetic love
the end
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stephenie Meyer once said in an interview that she dremnt the twilight saga, I must say that there are some things that are better left a dream.

A book review of the novel, Twilight.