Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Human Nature

Samuel B., Summerville, SC By Breece6, Summerville, SC

I was raised as a Southern Baptist Christian, and I hold to those same beliefs today. However I have a slightly different opinion on morality then most Southern Baptists would have. I think that, due to our physicality in part and partly due to what I believe is something more, that human nature is essentially the same throughout unless there is some kind of dysfunction in one's physicality (brain disorder, psychological problems, schizophrenia, etc). I think that, for those of us who are in control of our mental faculties, our nature is generally the same, and it is actually the world that impacts how individual we are. Everybody's life is so incredibly different, from the larger aspects like race and religion and location, to the small things that happen to you. It is not statistically or logically possible for one person to have experienced the same exact experiences as someone else.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
half.note
Very interesting thoughts. Hard to disagree with, really. Except, of course, that human nature can be resisted. As a Christian, I understand that our human natures are naturally disposed towards evil. However, when we are converted, Christ's divine nature works with our human nature to change us. Well, anyways, perhaps one of us will have to create a Thread about this. :)
Feb. 08, 2013 at 2:01 PM • Report
Breece6
Thanks! :)
Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM • Report
Close