change comes .. reality . | Teen Ink

change comes .. reality .

By cortdb SILVER, Tallmadge, Ohio
cortdb SILVER, Tallmadge, Ohio

"If someone is always on your mind, they're probably supposed to be there."

as a child, you think that things will always be the same . your peers always say , "theres a point in life, where everything changes" . you think to yourself , nu'uh , things will always be like this . she will always be my best-friend , she will always be my role model , he will always be the poster on my wall , we'll always wear the same thing , we'll always eat the same , my grades will always be great . but change comes .. and change comes unexpectidely . you won't be ready for it . especially high school . you loose your best friends , and make new . you gain enemies , and you drop few. your grades go almost as crazy as your mind . and when you think nothing more can change , someone gets pregnant , or someone over doses on drugs . then that night on the news , you see a kid commited suicide because he couldn't handle being bullied one more day ... what the world has come to now . should not have to be reality for a kid , growing up . and trying to succeed in life . change , is not always a good thing . alot of time change comes .. when reality does . and let me just say , reality is not a fun life .

this year i am a freshman in high school , and i know that so many things have changed. i just think about my siblings , and how they're gonna be able to handle reality when they get older . because its deffonetley not gonna improve by then .. it will most likely be worse . reality , shouldn't be miserable for a kid .