Subscribe   Submit Work   Log In

If I Could Change the World This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Oelania P, Brooklyn, NY

It's unlikely that any of us will be the next Mother Teresa and only a few will have enough power to do big things in this world, but I believe that I can change the world by volunteering to help the less fortunate in my area.

Many do community service, but there is always more to do. Many volunteers help the poor through organizations, and some do it privately. Groups like Harvesters stage food drives for the homeless and poor. The Red Cross and Salvation Army also collect donations to distribute to the underprivileged. These organizations do great things to help those in need.

I plan to participate in more community service projects. I've already helped at Harvesters, and done yard work for the elderly who can no longer do it themselves. Sadly, most of my experience was required, not because I wanted to help society.

Page 1 of 2

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
rheame
wow i really admire you for your volunteering. but sadly we dont have such chances of social service in our area.keep it up.
Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:40 AM • Report
Starlit
A pretty little story. I understand where you're coming from. Keep at it
Sep. 20, 2015 at 4:09 PM • Report
Close