Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Harry Potter vs. Twilight

By JoPepper, Annandale, VA

If there are two book series that are constantly compared, it’s Harry Potter and Twilight. Some Harry Potter fans also enjoyed the Twilight saga, while others constantly hated on it. Personally, I’m a fan of both. There are similarities, and many differences between the two. Let’s explore them.
Both series took the world by storm, and both had many fan clubs dedicated to them. They also both explored the paranormal, and supernatural. Vampires, werewolves, and shape shifters were present in both worlds. Both series had higher authority groups (The Ministry of Magic and the Volturi) creating similar rules, such as, “Don’t reveal yourselves to humans (or Muggles in Harry’s world).”
There are even similar prejudices among both worlds, in Twilight the Volturi didn’t respect human life.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

3 comment(s)
SaphiraBrightscales
This was really good. I really liked the way how you say that everyone has different choices and if you don't like something doesn't mean it can't be liked by anyone else..and the comparison was pretty good! Good Job!
Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM • Report
JoPepper
Thank you xD
Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:27 PM • Report
SaphiraBrightscales
Welx! I sure think you did an amazing..That's a tough comparison , you nailed it though..
Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:58 AM • Report
Close