Eternity? I think yes. | Teen Ink

Eternity? I think yes.

By jensenmarcelle SILVER, Ormond Beach, Florida
jensenmarcelle SILVER, Ormond Beach, Florida

No matter where we go or what we do we must live life within the contents of our heads.

I think for the first time in a long time I feel peace. It may not last for long but it is complete. In this moment it is me; it is in me. I feel like nothing can touch me and I'm floating above everything that's holding me down. Maybe this is it; this is what I'm missing. How can a body so broken have a soul so whole? I don't know but I don't even care. This life is a gift we've been given. A gift from a creator that has does nothing but love us. A savior that has given us a purpose; a savior that has given us life. How could we turn away from something like that? People go their whole lives trying to find that missing piece whether it be a person or an object but in the end it's all the same. You can never find it because you're looking in the wrong place. Looking at this messed up twisted earth will not give you the answers. Looking at others who are as lost as you will not give you the answers. Look left look right there's nothing to see but when you look up there's eternity.

This was written in a state of peace that I wanted to capture.

on Jan. 11 2012 at 8:16 pm

understandable the world is what we make it and it was given to us a gift to protect and cherish but we as imperfect beings have let our faults destroy something that could not defend itself.

on Jan. 6 2012 at 6:53 pm
BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

I admire the word choice of your last line, however I want to point one thing out. We made this earth a twisted place. It is not twisted on it's own. It was once very very beautiful, and it still is, but it has been damaged. The problem is we think that's okay, because when we die we'll leave it behind and then we've got forever, right? No. It should be everyone's duty to protect this earth so that future generations can enjoy it and experience it and have the option to choose just like you have. If you don't help heal this damaged earth, you are just a part of the effort to deny your children and their children the chance to see what life has to offer. Whether eternal life exists or not, we should at least work to protect mortal life. Blessed be :)