A Piece of Heaven (part 1) | Teen Ink

A Piece of Heaven (part 1)

By Kitty.Meow.Daly SILVER, Clarksville, Tennessee
Kitty.Meow.Daly SILVER, Clarksville, Tennessee

"Cowards die many times before their deaths, The valiant never taste of death but once." - Spakespeare
Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who tells you differently is selling something ~Wesley
Dare to move~ A Walk to Remember

The scars cover my torso, arms and back. Thin white lines etched into tanned skin. They mark my past. The brutal beatings, depression, cutting, all of it, a part of me. I sit back, remembering each night, tending the fresh wounds after she had fallen asleep. Wincing at the memories, I am in my big oak tree in the park. It’s midnight and the full moon sits over my head. I jump down and walk over to one of the swings, sitting there I sing to myself.
“I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut. My weakness is that I care too much, and my scars remind me that the past is real. I tear my heart open just to feel-“
I am stopped by foot steps behind me. I jump up and turn quickly preparing to run.
For a minute I am glad I work so hard to have my lean body and strong muscles,
“You shouldn’t be here,” says the person in the shadows stepping out.
It’s a boy, well guy; he appears to be seventeen, older than me definitely. Lean and well sculpted with his six-pack visible through a tight black shirt. Tall is another word I’d use to describe him. Black hair and the most enthralling blue eyes I had ever seen. I can’t look away from his eyes, and he notices quickly, looking away, and his heavenly voice carries again.
“I’m sorry, but I don’t think anyone should be alone, especially in the dark.” He looks at me again.
“I’m always out here…” I almost explain why, I pick my jacket up as he walks toward me and hastily put it on.
“May I join you?” So this guy has manners and looks good, what make me think he really cares?
“Nothing’s really stopping you is it?” I smile sitting down tensely.
I kick the dirt a bit and he plops down next to me. I bit my lip and sit in the silence wondering what I should say next. Then glancing at him I realize I am sitting next to someone whose name I do not know.
“A little question stranger,” I start, “what is your name?”
“Noah, Noah Bently,” he smiles, “now tell me yours.”
“Emilie Cast,” I say plainly, at my plain name.
“Beautiful name for a beautiful girl,” he grins then looks at my jacket and asks, “Are you cold?”
“…You could say that,...” I look away quickly.

“If you don’t want to talk about it we don’t have to,” he says looking at me; he is so honest and kind.

“How about I make you a deal, we meet here every night until we know each other better. Did you just move here by the way, you don’t look familiar,” I say quickly.

“I did, and that sounds like the best plan ever to me.” He looks at me with those blue eyes and I could feel myself melt.

We sit in silence and I think about me compared to him, yes I have grey blue eyes that do go blue in the summer and grey in the winter but nothing quite like his. My long black hair looks dull because the dye was washing out. My frame was thin but muscled; his was all muscle but not fat guy muscle, cute guy muscle. My long legs are all muscle and I didn’t need to see his to know they were too. I am five foot seven, and he is definitely taller than I. As I finish comparing; I check my phone for the time. 3:30 A.M. oh no I'm going to be late home if I don’t leave now.
“I’m sorry but I really must be going!” I exclaim jumping up.

“Wait what time tomorrow do you want to meet?” He grabs my arm, I wince a little.

“Uhh…11 tomorrow night,” I say getting out of his grip and running.

“See you then.” I hear his voice carry to me.

Revised version

Dare to move~ A Walk to Remember

hahahaha Thank you :) girly

OHMYGOSH I NEVER KNEW YOU WERE SOO.TALENTED