Drowning Anna by Sue Mayfield | Teen Ink

Drowning Anna by Sue Mayfield

By MadBrown BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
MadBrown BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado

Drowning Anna
Sue Mayfield

Have you ever thought about killing yourself? Have you ever thought that no one would miss you if you suddenly disappeared or not. That’s how Anna felt after a manipulating girl at her school sent her to her breaking point. Drowning Anna is a gripping tale of a girl’s journey in the trials of surviving verbal bullying. How she deals and how she fails at dealing. It’s about a girl’s struggle with depression and suicidal tendencies, and how that fuels her life after she loses her best friend. It is an amazing book about how she thrives and fails rises and falls. I found that the book (within reason) is very relatable and eye opening, given the fact that I personally have never had a suicidal break or tendency. It was very personal and made me think outside the box about the reasons and behavior of people who are suicidal. It shows the love of both a mother and her daughter. It’s very telling and very revealing and shows the true underlying colors of a young person from behind closed doors. It loved this book and its story: it spoke to me and I enjoyed it. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a page turner and loves to feel a happy ending after nothing happy seems possible.

This is a final product for my high school portfolio.