Everlasting Memories | Teen Ink

Everlasting Memories

By Love16 GOLD, Roanoke, Virginia
Love16 GOLD, Roanoke, Virginia

Psalm 23.

We look back on these memories and experiences now, feeling stronger and more whole. As once said by our pastor “We start our journey with an empty cup, and by the end, it overflows.” And as we look back on these memories now, we find a sense of longing. We long to have more time to serve in the name of our lord, we long for the feeling that we get from the service, and we long to have so many more memories to be made with the friends that surround us this evening. But as we part our ways at the end of this trip, we will never forget what has happened here in this small week, whether it be from the hours of dedicated service that we put in, or the numerous friendships that have been forged. So when we depart from this circle of fellowship and love, we take the lessons we have learned and bring them into our everyday life, to share them amongst everyone that we know and those that we don’t.

The short little monologue that I shared with my mission team while we worked down in South Carolina.