Popular or Loser? | Teen Ink

Popular or Loser?

By IntanThalia BRONZE, DKI Jakarta, Other
IntanThalia BRONZE, DKI Jakarta, Other

We all have been degraded, we all will be the greatest.

You know,
In high school that I'm in now, there are few types people.
I mean a few people are best friends with each other and they hang out together all over the school, they're judged as cool group, popular, because maybe just one of them is in the dance group or famous, or have a band, things like that, do something really bad or really good.

And the other side there are people who doesn't like to make a scene, who doesn't like to be in the spotlight, who doesn't like to shine like a star. Even though actually they are the stars.
They are not popular.
And half of the school might judge them as losers.
You know I'm maybe in loser type, or maybe not, or maybe I'm careful to be not like them. Hanging between the line you know? You're not popular but you're not a loser at the same time. Just in the safe position, maybe you can call it invisible.

My life so far was good. But I still feel the pressure.
I mean like, the popular ones can do whatever they want, get whatever they need and the losers, when they are just hanging out get insulted in front of everyone.
I mean come on, don't make this a kind of culture.

I don't know why sometimes I feel scared to go to the same place with them. I don't know why I'm scared to be the topic they are talking about. I'm scared, I'm worried about anything about them that has things to do with me.
I mean like I better stay out of their life.
I don't know why they are so intimidating.
Is that because they are beautiful or we feel like we're not?
Is that because they are all rich and we are not?
Is that just because they were born like this and it is just destiny and fate?

Like my friend, she has a fashion blog. Which is for me it's normal, it's a good thing, it's a hobby, nothing is wrong with that.
And they talked about her the other day and she is now deleting her blog.
I mean it's probably the only way she expresses her feeling or who she is or anything so why they bother talking like she drinks or do drugs?

I don't hate them. But please just stop acting like they are popular they get whatever they want, they judge people like you're my friend then you're cool, you're not then you're a loser.

Like well, when you see someone, she was kind of ugly, not stylish, really ugly, well.. bad looking, but why they make fun of her like she's a trash?

I mean she has feelings too. what if you're in her position?
Feeling humiliated, not wanted and ugly?
No one is perfect, right?

I mean karma does exist.
And the wheel of life is spinning, you will get to be at the top and down.
If you don't want to get hurt bad, don't hurt anyone bad.

Maybe when all people let you down, there are some people that might you never appreciate their presence, or that you judged as losers, will still have a place for you to cry, and the are the ones that you can call the true friends.

Well, I got inspired to write about this, because it does happen. I see it every day with my own eyes. Hopefully this will raise awareness about bullying and verbal violence.