Spoiled | Teen Ink

Spoiled

By angelamak SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
angelamak SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

In the article "Spoiled", the narrator truly defines what is inside of us our entire lives. All of our surroundings are always focused on labels and brands that are way too expensive for the average working class family to afford.In the beginning, our narrator is practically on her knees begging and crying for a piece of clothing at the store Abercrombie. Just because it was all sale, she felt the need to buy it. The narrator at the time was 11- years- old. The influences around her has forced her mind into wanting designer clothing and handbags. However, do we ever really stop and think about the less fortunate?
There are just some people that can't afford to even buy food, much less even have a place to live. Everyone who does have money can do what they want. The way it all works is that the more money you have, the more "power" you have, the bigger your influence is. As much as we hate to admit it, we are spoiled. Our minds are rot with the idea of being able to just purchase more and more, but we ignore the people who need it more. The world needs to keep things simple, and bring back the good that was once there.