Darwinism Vs. Christianity | Teen Ink

Darwinism Vs. Christianity

By Jacob.D.Poettker GOLD, Waterloo, Illinois
Jacob.D.Poettker GOLD, Waterloo, Illinois

"The Bible will keep you from sin. Sin will keep you from the Bible." D.L. Moody
"Of these three remain: faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these, is love." 1st Corrinthians 13:13

There are many questions that escape the lips of many people; “What is Christianity?” “How does anyone know it is true?” Why should anyone believe Christianity, Charles Darwin’s theory can explain everything.” Wrong question. The real question is, “How can anything live without a God creating us and keeping us alive?” Christianity is the truth and Darwinism is a flat lie.

What is Darwinism? It believes that billions and billions of years ago, there was nothing, and all of that nothing exploded into the life you know now. Also that you are lucky that Earth happened to be where it is and that humans have no purpose in life. Darwinism is a flat lie. There are so many ways to prove it wrong. Allaboutcreation.com shuts down Darwinism by stating that no matter how hard scientist have tried; it is impossible to create life from nothing. It is impossible. You cannot take a jar of nothingness and then all of a sudden have air appear in the jar. Another part of Darwin’s theory states that everything evolved from one single celled organism, and that even the organism did not start out with everything it has today. There are 42 living parts of a cell and if even one organelle is missing, the cell cannot function and dies. So what Charles wants you to believe is that life was not possible until the nonfunctioning, dead cells evolved. Also it is believed that on his deathbed, Charles Darwin said he was wrong.

On the other side of this fighting ring is Christianity. Christianity believes that God spoke the universe into motion. Christianity believes that Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ. Christianity believes the truth. How else can we explain miracles? Dictionary.com defines a miracle as an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers. How else can you explain it? A miracle is an effect or event that breaks all of the laws of physics. How else could miracles happen besides by the act of God? Even some of the biggest Atheists do not deny the concept of a Great Creator, though they think it was aliens. But even then, where did the aliens come from? There is no other way to explain the creation of life then by God speaking the planets into motion.

Maybe you do not completely shut down the idea of God, but you want proof that the Bible is true. Okay, that is understandable. You might even go even farther and say you are not even sure that Jesus is the Christ. Okay, that is understandable as well. Evidence of Christianity says that the Bible is the only book that 1. Is written over about a fifteen hundred year span; 2. Written by more than 40 authors; 3. Written in more than five different places; 4. Written at different times; 5. Written during different moods (joy, despair, doubt); 6. Written on three different continents; 7. Written in three main languages; 8. Written in a wide varieties of writing styles; 9. Addresses hundreds of controversial subjects; and 10. Presents a single unfolding story. It is also the most sold book and most influential book in the world. Evidence of Christianity also gives proof about Jesus. It takes the main prophecies and puts them against Jesus’ life. The main prophecies are that Jesus never broke any bones, even during the Crucifixion; He was buried in a rich man’s tomb; after Jesus died, darkness came over the land; His side was pierced; gall and vinegar was offered to him during his crucifixion; He was hated without a cause; He was crucified with thieves; rejected by the rest of the Jews; He fell while carrying the cross to his death; He was forsaken by his disciples; he was sold for exactly 30 pieces of silver; He was betrayed by his friend (Judas); and all of the prophecies above were completed in one day. If that is not enough proof that Christianity and the Bible are true, then you are one lost person.

If from reading this you still have doubts, you might say, “I agree that Darwinism is wrong, but that does not mean that Christianity is true. If God really does exist, why does He let bad things happen like war?” First you have to define “bad things”. The Bible describes it as sin and sin is any act, meaning or even thought that is displeasing to God. If you want God to get rid of all of the “bad things” you have to get rid of everything. Every human is born into the world with sin, so you would want God to destroy every human on Earth and that is not the reason why God made us. To narrow down every sin you would have to look at your very thoughts. Every man/woman you have looked upon in lust is a sin. Every person you hate you murder in your mine, murdering is a sin. Every action is a sin. Every time you lied, you stole; you put something before God. Ever time you looked at something and wanted it, that is jealousy and that is even a sin. Every meaning against God is a sin. Rejecting someone because they are Christian is the biggest example.

There are songs influenced by Christianity. There are books, movies, artwork, architecture, and jewelry influenced by Christianity. There are billions of people in countries all over the world that believe that Jesus is the Messiah. Billions of people follow God. You people persecuting them are afraid of the truth. You do not want to own up to your wrongdoings. You would rather have fun for your short, short lives. And be tortured forever. Imagine standing in front of God, naked with all of your sins showing. Jesus stands in front of you and says, “You never knew me.” You will be sucked down to the realm of Satan and be tortured for eternity. To understand an eternity, a if a bird takes a drop of water from the Atlantic Ocean and drops it into the Pacific ocean and does not stop till all of the water is drained out of the Atlantic Ocean and into the Pacific, that would be a fraction of eternity. If you do not confess with your heart and mouth, that you have sinned and Jesus Christ is your Savior, and if you get baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, you will spend more than that fraction of eternity being tortured in the Lake of Fire. So do not waste your lives trying to prove evolution’s lies. Turn your heart to God and believe.

I can obviously see that neither of us are going to change the other's opinion. I guess we'll just have to find out when we meet the Big Guy Upstairs. haha

MagusEceerb SILVER, Buttville, South Carolina

Hello Jacob,

I'm still not convinced, because there are lots of cells that have differences like not all cells have flagella, and of course animal, plant, and bacteria cells are different.

What I'm saying is that I think it is unlikely that a cell would come together having all the organelles it does have (like you do), but I think it's not impossible for this to happen (maybe hundreds of times within the era that life first occurred) and then for life to evolve from it.

For you 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinions I very much agree with what you say here.  I don't think there's anything more I can add to that.

However as for the Bible part, I'd like to point out that nowhere in Genesis does it mention God creating gravity.  However gravity exists doesn't it?  I think that God simplified the creation to fit into the context of thousands of years ago when he revealed it, yet still be relevant analogies to modern science.  The order he created fish, birds and such in is roughly equivalent to the progression of evolution.  

Again, just my opinion.  I don't think it factors into whether you're saved or not as long as you believe in God and Jesus.

Hello Breece6. I too, am Christian and we obviously have disagreements.

First, I am aware that Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes have a different number of organelles and they function differently, but if one organelle is missing from either type, it doesn't matter if it has 42 organelles or 42,000, that cell cannot survive because each organelle has a job that is vital to survival.

Second, I (and i'm pretty sure many others too) feel that talking about the diversity of the authors of the Bible and the timespan it was written in has a great deal of importance to proving it is true. Most of the authors, save Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, were many different types of people (kings, poets, warriors, tax collectors etc.) and did not know any other author personally whatsoever. Yet, even with that, every author of the Bible has the same message.

Third, I realize that there are many types of Christianity (Catholic, Luthren, Babtist, Mormon, etc.) but, if you look at what i said, most, if not all versions of Christianity believe in what i said in this article. However, after reading what you said, i realize that i should have worded it differently.

Finally, after reading your opinion on this, which is an opinion shared by pretty much everybody, i saw that i may have come off a little I'm-better-than-everyone-else. I am as much of a sinner as everyone else. Jesus did tell us that "before we examen the splinter in someone's eye, we must look at the plank in ours." He also told us that time is short, and people that don't understand that their beliefs will send them to the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, the second death, need to told plainly and flatly. Honestly, if i get this point across, i don't really care if people don't like being told they're wrong. Teachers do it all the time, parents do it all the time, and i don't see why this article can't be an exception. I do realize that i came on a little to strong and on future articles i will work on not trying to sound so flat-out rude.

I have the If-it-isn't-in-the-Bible-then-it's-not-true belief. The Bible says God created the universe in six days so i believe it. Thank you for your opinion criticism and opinion. You have helped me. Now in the future it will be easier for me to show the holes in evolution to people (no offense).

on Feb. 21 2012 at 10:37 am
Sorry, my other comment didn't turn out right.  This one is the same but without the spaces.

on Feb. 21 2012 at 10:36 am

Hello, I am a Christian but I have to disagree with your views here.

First off, your theory about cells not functioning with all the organelles is completely wrong.  Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes have different amounts and types of organelles, Plant cells and Animal cells have different amounts and types of organelles, we can look in a microsope and prove this, people do it all the time in High School Biology classes. 

Second off, talking about how the Bible was written over hundreds of years by multiple authors doesn't really contribute to proving it's existence.  I'd try doing some more research, maybe The Case for Christ or some apologetics like that (I do believe the Bible is true, you just didn't do a good job trying to prove it.

Third, please don't say "Christianity believes that...", because other Christians might have different opinions about things and there's no uniform belief in Christianity other than Monotheism and that Jesus was the savior.  

Finally, it's not a good idea to flat out tell someone they are wrong about their beliefs like this, no matter if they are or not.  Jesus didn't tell us to flat out tell people "You're wrong and will suffer for eternity", he told us to witness to them.  Meaning to let them ask us about him.

Pretty well written, if filled with holes.  By the way, my opinion is that God used evolution to create life/man, just so you're not confused. 

on Feb. 21 2012 at 10:35 am

Second off, talking about how the Bible was written over hundreds of years by multiple authors doesn't really contribute to proving it's existence.  I'd try doing some more research, maybe The Case for Christ or some apologetics like that (I do believe the Bible is true, you just didn't do a good job trying to prove it.)

Finally, it's not a good idea to flat out tell someone they are wrong about their beliefs like this, no matter if they are or not.  Jesus didn't tell us to flat out tell people "You're wrong and will suffer for eternity", he told us to witness to them.  Meaning to let them ask us about him.