Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Composting - The Fuel of the Future? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Kendall L., Bexley, OH

Most days the news at least mentions the issue of the continuous loss and rising cost of fossil fuels while also pointing out that they are America's primary source of energy. Although the media talk about our energy crisis, they usually fail to point out alternative ways to generate energy. Of all the environmental problems, three most need to be addressed: the enormous loss of fossil fuels; the fact that many are unable to afford energy; and heat is being produced from compost but nothing is being done to harness it. There are people in many parts of the world who cannot even afford enough fossil-fuel-produced energy to take a shower or cook. In short, they have no reliable source of hot water. And there's no joking about nonrenewable resources - when they run out, they really cannot be created again. Fuel prices have gone up, and if we do not find renewable resources, our future will be in serious jeopardy.

Continue Reading »

Be the first to comment on this!