Racism. | Teen Ink

Racism.

By AshleyIsLegiit9 BRONZE, North East, Pennsylvania
AshleyIsLegiit9 BRONZE, North East, Pennsylvania

"One day, you're gonna want her. The girl that knew she wasn't perfect, but tried to be for you. The girl that wanted nothing more than to be there for you, and loving you was the only way she could. The girl that saw your flaws, but valued them as much as your strengths. The girl that still can't bring herself to hate you, even though sometimes you probably deserve it. The girl that should have you, but doesn't."

Racism is an extremely known form of hate in America, and other countries. My opinion, racism is absolutely not okay in any way. First of all, judging someone by their skin color or nationality is completely ignorant and pathetic. How could someone be so heartless, that they have can judge someone by something they have absolutely NO control over? Where is it your place to judge by physical appearance? Whether someone is Black, White, Asian, Hispanic... we are ALL THE SAME. The majority of stereotypes that you hear anywhere are more than likely false. In fact, about 99% of stereotypes are false. No matter where you come from, or what color your skin is, or what your physical features are. Every single person has just one wish; to be accepted for WHO THEY ARE. That is everyone's only wish. No matter what we look like or where we come from, we are all human beings and we deserve love, compassion, and RESPECT. No one deserves to be judged by their skin color, or where they come from; but by the content of their character. Physical appearance means absolutely nothing, it's all about who you are on the INSIDE. I am Caucasian, and my best friend is African American. But let me tell you, I have never met a more caring, loving, and thoughtful person. I would do absolutely anything for her. So tell me, what could you possibly have against her besides the fact that she's Black? Absolutely NOTHING. I guess what I'm trying to get through is that racism is not right, stereotypes are not true, and no one has any place to judge anyone in this world.