Imperfections | Teen Ink

Imperfections

By xoSamanthaxo GOLD, New York, New York
xoSamanthaxo GOLD, New York, New York

"Forget all the rules. Forget about being published. Write for yourself and celebrate writing."
-Anonymous

There has always been an image in my head of what a girl should be and what I am not. That girl in my head is skinny, has a nice body, has tan summer skin, beautiful facial features and gorgeous, flowing hair down to her butt. Last year, that girl was standing next to me every time I looked into the mirror, every time I looked down at my body, every moment I caught a glimpse of myself. I think that this girl is in everyone, and that it looks different for everyone. I learned that my imperfections are only seen as imperfections in my mind because of the influence others have on me. That girl in my mind was only there to point out my every imperfection, and to remind me of what imperfections are seen as. I also learned something vital; I am that girl. I am the one who made that girl, and she is nonexistent. Nobody on Earth can be completely perfect from the inside out. I am happy for who I am and what I stand for. For anybody out there reading this, black or white, girl or boy, whatever; remember that you are beautiful, and the way you see yourself reflects how you see others. Be happy with yourself and don’t bring yourself down. That girl inside your head shouldn’t either.

Everybody struggles inside. Everybody goes through ups and downs. Those people who intimidate you with there shining confidence have been through it, too. It's simple; Beauty is in thy self.

NickyJ BRONZE said...
on Mar. 3 2012 at 8:14 pm
NickyJ BRONZE, Hyde Park, New York

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” ~Robert Frost

Well, I'm not a girl but I definitely know about not liking your self image.

And while I don't like the cliche of this decade, the whole "You are beautiful" thing, I think you wrote this well. Good work.

on Mar. 1 2012 at 2:34 am
ILoveWritingAlot BRONZE, E, Other

Every end is a new beginning;
What a caterpillar calls an end the rest of the world calls a butterfly;
There never was a good war, or a bad peace.;
“People will believe anything if you whisper it.”
“Where words fail, Music speaks”

really a very nice work :) keep writing