My "Not" Best Friend | Teen Ink

My "Not" Best Friend

By Simply_Ciara GOLD, Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Simply_Ciara GOLD, Hopkinsville, Kentucky

I've come to realize that this person that everyone calls my "best friend" isn't my friend at all. 
She's my personal diary that will never judge me. 
She's my fun-sized Sun because she fills my life with warmth and happiness. 
She's my bubbly inspiration that knows how to make me laugh. 
She's my clown that puts a smile on everyone's face when she's around. 
She's my umbrella because she keeps the rain off of my parade. 
I feel like me and her our so close we sometimes share brain waves as if we were twins. 
Even though we may not see eye to eye I could never hate her or stay mad for long because it's IMPOSSIBLE. 
That's how I know she's not my best friend she's more of a sister to me. 

snowleopard100 PLATINUM, New York City, New York

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, but I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."

Really good job with this. I love the repetition and the notion of a sister-like bond between friends. My only slight critism would be that its a little bit too wordy, but otherwise...SPECTACULAR JOB!!!! If you could read and comment on any of my poems, that'd be great. Thanks!!!!

on Apr. 6 2012 at 7:32 am
maizyiscrazy GOLD, Washington, District Of Columbia

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe in miracles. ~Audrey Hepburn

Wow, I love this! You perfecctly described the close bond between two close friends. This is going straight to my favorites! Five stars!