Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Cabin in the Woods This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By csmovieman, New Market, MD

Stop me if you've heard this one. Five college friends rent an RV and head for an isolated cabin in a remote forest. They stop at a gas station, where a creepy man warns them that those who go to the cabin will never return. But they ignore his warnings. There's a hot leading man (Chris Hemsworth), a party girl (Anna Hutchison), a stoner (Fran Kranz), a loveless romantic (Jessie Williams), and an innocent virgin (Kristen Connolly). Upon arriving at the cabin, they party like there's no tomorrow. But when the five teens wander into the basement, all hell breaks loose. This sounds like a typical campfire tale, but there's much more to “The Cabin” than meets the eye.
If it seems as though this story has been told a million times, it hasn't. “The Cabin in the Woods” is more than just another copycat; it's a hilarious, genre-bender that satirizes horror films like “The Evil Dead,” “Cabin Fever,” and “Friday the 13th.

Continue Reading »

Be the first to comment on this!