Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Kristin Zerbe, English Teacher, John Dickinson High This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Ryan M, Wilmington, DE

I've never really had an interest in English class. Reading old stories, writing long essays, and analyzing poetry brought me nothing but major boredom and failing grades. But Mrs. Zerbe's class was the complete opposite for me.

Her style of teaching has motivated me to exceed expectations, no matter what they might be. The prompts my other teachers assigned were always boring and extremely precise on what we had to write about, so I usually refused to do the essays. However, I've written at least four this year and enjoyed all of them.

Mrs. Zerbe gives us the opportunity to write about whatever we want as long as it relates somehow to one of the four broad ideas we have to choose from. Technically our pieces only have to be 21 sentences, but I always have more to say, and usually write two or three times that.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

1 comment(s)
This is the best article I have ever read that was not written about Justin Bieber.  <3
Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM • Report