Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Dear Sexist Pigs in My Algebra Class This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Alexandra Z, Macomb, MI

Dear Sexist Pigs in my Algebra Class,

As a new student at “Rocky River” High School, I have had to do a lot of adjusting. New classes, new teachers, a new building, new rules – so much has changed in my life. Therefore, I wish to express to you my deepest thanks for proliferating an ideology that has been around since the beginning of time, and one that has comforted me in my darkest hours: that women are inferior and should be subject to objectification by men.

You see, throughout my life, this concept has pervaded my world. However, some people have a different view. They actually believe that a woman is more than just a body to be ogled. There are some crazy people in this world who think that women have brains and that their thoughts and opinions have value! I am glad that this view will certainly not be infesting the hallowed halls of our school because you fine young gentlemen are sticking to your guns and displaying the sort of sexist behavior that young ladies should expect from men.

Continue Reading »

Be the first to comment on this!