Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Feels Like Yesterday

By NatalieAnn, mira loma, CA

I woke up with the usual pain. The gaping hole in my chest, the place where my heart used to be, was sick with the fact that I woke up this morning and you never would. It’s been 526 days, 2 hours, and 54 minutes since you died. And it still feels like yesterday.
The day was cloudy and dark, just the way we liked it. I remember the way you would light up when it started to rain, the way it was so easy to find you in a crowd because you were the only one smiling, you were a fire in our world that was temporarily turned bleak and gray. I think that’s one of the reasons that almost every girl in our little city wanted you. When everyone else was complaining, frowning, and out of sorts, you would give everyone a little bit of hope with that million-dollar smile and the way you would shout weird facts about clouds as we were in between classes. At least, that’s why I wanted you.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

1 comment(s)
Amina157
hey, grewat story. When i started reading i thought it was just going to be a sappy romance story but it's actually really personal and realistic, the twist at the end was unexpected and really hit me, keep up the great writin. also I'd really appreciate it if you read and rated my work teenink.com/fiction/sci_fi_fantasy/article/578431/KOBi/  
Dec. 11, 2013 at 5:43 AM • Report
Close