Terror in the Night | Teen Ink

Terror in the Night

By primepower BRONZE, North Andover, Massachusetts
primepower BRONZE, North Andover, Massachusetts

"Come he slow or come he fast it is but death that comes at last."-Sir Walter Scott "Ideas are bulletproof."- Alan Moore "I believe in Metphors. Metaphors are real." -Elliot S! Maggin "Are you the dreamer or just a part of someone else's dream?"

The car sped along the winding dirt road, kicking up dust as it drove along. Finally, the tires screeched to a sudden halt. The driver did not leave the car; he simply looked at his reflection. He ran his fingers along the network of scars up and down his body, feeling each bump and bruise meticulously. His emerald eyes pierced the night with uncanny vision. His hair looked as if it was made of sand patted down on his head.

A blur of motion sliced his tires swiftly. The man smiled to himself.

"They're here."

The driver exited his car to see a woman with elegant curves throughout her body. She stood tall, displaying her perfect hourglass figure. Her hair was jet black and smooth and draped down at her shoulders. She had a small leather jacket on which gave her the appearance of a biker chick.

"You shouldn't be here, Ro." the woman growled in an animal bellow. "Kajar will be here soon....there are only the two of you left." Her voice grew sweet as honey. "You know what THAT means...."

"I know, Lady." Ro told her. "and I can handle myself."

"Very well." Lady replied sarcastically. In a cloud of brimstone the ancient tome appeared in her hand along with a feathered pen. "I shall record the battle...the victor shall receive the prize..."

In a split second, a second man arrived in a cloud of smoke, which rose from his body. His smile was awful and wicked. He wore tight jeans with a skintight black shirt. His curly hair drooped down just below his neck.

"Are you ready, Ro?" the new man asked.

At that point, the two began circling each other...like prey preparing to pounce on their quarry.

"as ready as I'll ever be, Kajar." Ro replied.

Both men began to change, morphing into a different shape...their clothes torn and skin draped limply on their bones. Their very flesh fell to the ground like pieces of cloth, revealing thick layers of fur underneath.

They had completed their transformations into wolves!

Both let out ear splitting howls in unison.

Ro was the first to strike as his jaws gnashed against Kajar's flesh. Kajar retaliated; raking his claws across Ro's face. The first blood of the battle had been drawn.

The two continued to howl in animal groans as they darted at one another with swift and blinding speed. Offensive and defensive slipped back and forth between the two. When one struck, their opponent struck harder. The intensity increased with every blow.

Lady, meanwhile, had a seat on the cliff side. With swift and nimble fingers she jotted down the events unfolding before her. Her feet dangled off the edge as she clicked them together happily. She smiled slyly as the battle continued.

Kajar's strong jaws bit down on Ro's back. "I killed all of pack one...their last survivor dies tonight!" he cried.

Ro lashed out with amazing strength, striking his foe across the face. "A changeling from pack five winning the prize?" Ro launched himself forward. "I'd like to see you try."

The two locked claws with each other. "So be it." Kajar growled.

Their screeches pierced the silence of the night. They fought tirelessly, both determined to win the fabled prize of the mysterious Lady.

At last, Kajar let out a loud cry of agony. He was misery and pain personified. His fur faded as his skin grew back; revealing his human form. He shriveled up into a fetal position. Tears streamed from his eyes as blood trickled from his nose and lips. "Do it." he whispered angrily. "you won....DO IT!" he cried.

Ro circled his prey, fiendishly savoring the moment, mocking Kajar's pain. "Let it be done." Lady said from afar.

With one strike, it was ended.

Lady descended from her cliff side throne, putting a soft finger to his forehead. "The prize is yours...you may live out the remainder of your days as a mortal man." In a flash of light, Ro was transformed. He was alone, save for his car on the cliff side.

Another piercing light flashed in Ro's eyes. A police car rolled up the road. Two cops cautiously withdrew their guns. Ro put his hands in the air as the cops proceeded towards him...

he couldn't help but smile....

Inspiration for this story came from werewolves and Highlander.

It has been done

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

on Jul. 19 2012 at 11:01 am
augustsun02 SILVER, Hamburg, New Jersey

Write. It doesn't matter if you're overjoyed, furious, miserable, or what. Write to keep those emotions in check while managing to grow stronger.

Oooooh, I love how the "prize" totally worked against Ro! It was very creative and well written. There was just one spot where you didn't capitalize the sentence. Other than that, this was fantastic :)

on Jul. 4 2012 at 8:54 am
Madu_Bala BRONZE, Colombo, Other

To unpathed waters, undreamed shores - Shakespeare

What can be more tragic than to feel the boundlessness of the surrounding beauty and to be able to see in it its underlying mystery... and yet to be aware of your own inability to express these large feelings… Isaak Levitan

cool, I like it. will u pls read and comment on my book? [silent song - realistic fiction novel]

thank you! Glad you like it!

Atl.Braves03 BRONZE, Tampa, FL, Florida

God is God and I am not
I can only see a part
Of this picture he's painting
God is God and I am man
I will never understand
Because only God is God

Interesting. It had me the entire time. Some parts seemed to move a little to fast, but besides that I liked it.