Conan O'Brien | Teen Ink

Conan O'Brien

By streetsmart21 BRONZE, Reading, Massachusetts
streetsmart21 BRONZE, Reading, Massachusetts

Conan is a strange piece of television that doesn't fail to make the viewer laugh. After getting cheated out of the Tonight Show by Jay Leno, host Conan O'Brien has completely embraced his new comedy/variety show, albeit being on cable television versus being seen on a high-profile network channel. Every night, Conan goes over the topics of the day through his squeamish but funny jokes, garnering wild reaction from the audience. I believe one of the reasons why this show has a rabidly dedicated audience is because Conan feeds off the energy of his audience, and does not take them for granted. Instead, he utilizes them to their full potential by hosting mock awards shows featuring embarrassed but happy-to-be-there audience members, inviting fans to participate in a musical game show, and more outrageous bits. But the show does not simply consist of a monologue and audience antics; it introduces original comedy skits featuring audience staffers and showcases underrated musical acts and comedians. One of the better aspects of the show is Conan's genuine manner when interviewing people from Mila Kunis to the Mitt Romney sons. In my mind, the show never fails to disappoint, even upstaging the Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel, and Craig Ferguson talk shows. In conclusion, Conan is a hidden gem that you should watch everyday.

I hope this article will convince people to watch the wildly humorous late-night show Conan. The show does not get the highest ratings of a late-night talk show, but its comedy is always on target and original.