Scars | Teen Ink

Scars

By iLOVEuBABE SILVER, Anchorage, Alaska
iLOVEuBABE SILVER, Anchorage, Alaska

To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world.

It was during the track season. I had trained so hard for this track meet. I went inside to do the high jump. Then i came back outside in the rain ready for my next race. It was almost time for 7th grade girls 800 meter run. I was nervous but confident. We all got in a line while the starter explained what was going to go down. He said he would say runners to your marks get set and the fire the air gun. Then he said if there was a false start he would fire the air gun again and wait for everyone to come back to the starting line. The rules were you can’t cheat and you cannot cut of or trip anyone.

He said “Runners to your marks, get set.” Then BANG!!! We all started running. We were all in a big clump of people I was in the middle-ish. We started to round the corner of the track. Right then a girl with a green shirt on had broken two of the rules. The first rule she broke was cutting someone off. The second rule she broke was tripping someone. Both of these she did to one person ME!!!

I was toward the middle so when I fell I could see all the people run over me. I lied on the ground just waiting for them to fire the air gun for a restart but I never did. Instead I heard a voice. Not one from the heavens but one saying “Get up Hatcher keep running!” It was Kluever. So I did with tears in my eyes, and pain everywhere. I ran the whole way and didn’t stop but others who weren’t even hurt did. I cried the whole way but I still made it.

When I was done I had realized that I had bloody rubber burns on my shoulder and my knee. My mom and sister carried my things to the car. When I got to the car I lied down in the back seats. As I went into full blown shock. My sister said “I think she would feel better if we got food.” So we went to McDonalds on the way home. When we got home my teeth were chattering because I was still in shock. I had about ten blankets on me because I was soo cold. Finally I ate my food and fell asleep.