Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Begging for Feedback This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By pandagirl312, Leawood, KS

Many of you who are reading this also post your writing on TeenInk.com. When I'm looking at pieces on the site, I often end up reading the comments too. Unfortunately, I often find pleas from other Teen Ink users asking the writer (and others) to comment on their work. I not only find this annoying, but rude. This section is meant for comments relating to that piece. It's impolite to use it as an opportunity to solicit feedback of your own.

A better way to get feedback is to ask your family and friends to comment on your work. You can easily send out a group text or e-mail with a link – to a specific piece or to your profile page on TeenInk.com – asking for comments. This is a polite and effective way to get feedback.

Ever heard the saying “To have friends, be a friend”?

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

4 comment(s)
I understand your point of view, but I personally disagree with it. One of the reasons that I'm on this site is because I want people who aren't my family and friends to comment on my work. I also find that people don't comment on your work when you comment on theirs, and you can't expect them to. When I've asked if they would comment on my poems as well, they usually do, no harm done. No one gets upset, and my work and their work get comments. I don't see the problem.
May. 17, 2014 at 3:57 PM • Report
This piece is so true. It drives me nuts when people say that. Ive read a few of your pieces and they are stunning. Keep up the good work!
May. 05, 2014 at 4:30 PM • Report
Girl, you rock! I couldn't have said it better myself. Great job bringing up your opinions in such a strong, clear way! I must admit, your humor, sarcasm, and strong tone are enough to persuade the most stubborn of folks. Thank you for taking the time to write about what nags so many of us here on Teen Ink. I'll be sure to check out more of your work, because you totally deserve it!
Oct. 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM • Report
Thanks so much for your comment! :)
Oct. 31, 2012 at 8:38 AM • Report