Fantasy Versus Reality | Teen Ink

Fantasy Versus Reality

By Nikkikins BRONZE, Hamburg, New Jersey
Nikkikins BRONZE, Hamburg, New Jersey

"If you truly love something, let it go. If it comes back it's meant to be yours."

Somewhere deep within the subconscious of everyone’s mind there is a door.A door that separates the worlds of fantasy and reality.

Sadly, my soul lingers mostly within the world of fantasy,A beautiful place seen by the tightly shut eyes of humanity. Fantasy is the dream-like, hurt-sparing liar.We see what we wish to be there, but isn’t.All of these things are not with us,But floating throughout our most passionate desires.This is a world of blissful ignorance and illusion.Fantasy is a blind place filled with the never-ending longings of man .

On the other side of the door, reality pounds its fist, demanding to be noticed.Reality is the blunt, truthful cousin of Fantasy.Reality cares not if what he says will wound you.Reality will present you with what is there, whether it is right or wrong.It is a place unlike Fantasy, Reality is usually not beautiful.It symbolizes the struggle of man who strives his hardest to recover what he is looking for in life.

The world is an enormous place filled with people who are spread throughout the vast expanse between Fantasy and Reality.

The foolish will run from the ugly Reality and submerge themselves within the mind numbing images of Fantasy.Fools are terrified of Reality’s truths.They flee upon being forced to open their eyes to see what really lingers within Reality’s boundaries. Fools eyes have not been developed properly to envision truth.They do not comprehend, therefore they are scared.Shutting their eyes to the real world, they slam the door on Reality and pretend that Fantasy is all that there is.The biggest fools will convince themselves that Fantasy is Reality.They disguise it and refuse to believe otherwise.

The brave will scold Fantasy and push it away, seeing it as a burden, too heavy to bare on the road to success.The brave shut the door on Fantasy, and open it wide to accept Reality’s bitterness.Sometimes, the pain they must endure is brutal,But they carry on nonetheless. Eventually their eyes will open and they are able to cope with what Reality pushes at them.Although Fantasy keeps knocking, whispering words of affection, the wise will not let Fantasy in.They will take the harsh blows that Reality thrusts upon them.They will overcome all, but without true happiness, lacking the ability to feel emotions.

Some may think that these are the only two types of people that exist.But upon looking closer, you will find that there is one final group.These are those who want it all.They are selfish and demanding.They see things in one light and long to be the keepers of the world.Want-it-alls linger in the doorway between Reality and Fantasy.They will bounce back and forth, depending on what works for them at the time.They will mostly linger in the space of Reality, absorbing every little detail, taking it all in.But when Reality grows exceedingly ugly want-it-alls back away into the outstretched arms of Fantasy and remain there until they feel that is safe.These souls are strong because they know how to escape from Fantasy when it begins to warp the mind.They go back to Reality and lead a healthy life.Doing whatever it takes to stay sane and rational, while remaining happy.

These want-it-alls are the wisest of all.But the fewest as well,Whether it be because some of us simply see only what we want to see with blind eyes,Or because some only see what is in front of us.

Both the brave, and the foolish have one thing in common,Fear.Fear of seeing the truth.Fear of being hurt by what isn’t there.

Once mankind learns to overcome fear, we will be invincible. But until then, Fear shall hang over our heads.Tauntingly waiting, for us to choose.Reality or Fantasy.But what fear is unaware of, is wit. The other option.

I wrote this after having an Earth-shattering breakthrough. (:

Great article/story/interpretation Love it If I could Ill live in fantasy world where the world is made out of butter and marshmallows

SkullyBaby1198,
@DestinyK thats horrible. If I were you, I would report it and give a copy of this to them to prove they copy and pasted it.

DestinyK said...
Someone copy pasted your whole essay and it got published in our school magazine . I want ti report it but wanna know whatt you think