Save Lives; Be a Vegetarian! | Teen Ink

Save Lives; Be a Vegetarian!

Have you ever driven by a farm with hundreds of cows just waiting to die? Cows and other animals should have the right to live! Being a vegetarian is the right way to be because meat is murder, sometimes it’s unhealthy (mad cow disease), and there are other things to eat than meat.

Just think about all of the cows that are raised each year, just to be eaten. There are hundreds of creatures that are only raised to die. Also, just imagine all the tiny indecent calves that don’t even get the chance to live; they just get their life taken away from them. Sometimes though, the meat is not all that great.

When mad cow disease went around in the United States, it made many people sick and even some die. Around hundreds of people died from mad cow disease (AnimalRights.net). But fortunately, it’s no longer a huge threat in the U.S. right now, but who knows, it may happen again. But meat is also good for you.

One might say that meat is a necessary item to live, but there’re many things that you can eat to get the same nutrition. For example: veggie-burgers, vegetables, fruits, grains, and more. Though it’s not quite the same, if everyone gave up meat, there would be more foods that aren’t meat that are available for humans. So next time you are craving that quarter pounder or big Mac, go eat some veggies!

Eating meat is wrong for three reasons: it’s murder, meat can carry diseases, and there’s plenty other things to eat than meat. Next time you want a juicy steak, go chow down some fruit!

on Jan. 10 2013 at 2:27 am
Every one admits that men's life is very expensive, nevertheless some people need cash for different issues and not every person earns big sums cash. Hence to get some loans and bank loan will be good way out.

camohunter19 GOLD, Sedro-Woolley, Washington

"Girls are so queer you never know what they mean. They say No when they mean Yes, and drive a man out of his wits for the fun of it." "Violence is never the answer! It is a question, and the answer is yes."

Listen, I don't like your article at all, you aren't appealing to the other side, meat-eaters. I love my meat, I'm not about to give it up on the whims of some vegetarain that says that meat is death. It has been for centries, however I gree that more of the animal should be used. Fly-fishing is a sport that many good people enjoy, but there is a slight complication, getting the matierals needed to tie the flies. If the meat industry could sell their unwanted tails, hides, and feathers, vegetarians would benefit too because other animals are sluaghtered just for their pelts and tails, less deaths=happy vegetarians, more supplies=happy fly-fishers.

dragonbiscuits SILVER, Near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"You cannot acheive peace with violence" -several people

I like what you are trying to say here, I am a vegetarian as well, but you article does need some work. The beginning of your article is great, but I think you were getting too anxious near the end. You need to provide more detailed reasons of why someone shouldn't eat meat. It's a great start though!

astleye said...
on Oct. 12 2009 at 6:42 am
This article is good but it does not give spcific facts about mad cow disease. It could tell more about what is going on now with it and tell people more reasons why meat is not the best. You can tell by the poem the writer is a vegitarian. Reader this is an ok article.