Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Nightmare

Sierra A., Marshall, VA By Kestrel, Warrenton, VA

The old screen door slammed behind the girl, about 16 years old, with a dull echo through the small cabin. Standing on the outside of it, one could see through various cracks in the log walls. She walked over to the man kneeling next to an ancient looking TV set along one wall. The place was furnished, and though no one had been there for years, it somehow looked straight from a home decorator magazine.

“Hmm. I’m not sure what it’s gonna take to fix the TV, but I bet it can be done. You’re welcome to look around while I mess with this if you’re bored,” he said, looking up at her. He rubbed the edge of his mustache in concentration, turning back to the TV.

“Alright then, good luck with that.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
KatsK
Woa--your dreams are vivid. I really like this (although somehow I tend to randomly read creepy thriller fiction on TeenInk right before I go to bed, which might not be the best plan in the long run . . . ), and I thought that the details were really good.
Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:34 PM • Report
Kestrel
haha thanks, yeah I don't know why I had this freaky dream, but I immediately wrote it up, though i plan n revising it to make it flow better. 
Dec. 15, 2012 at 1:49 PM • Report
Close