Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

That one Shooting star

Abigail W., Colchester, United Kingdom By Basilisk0wl, Colchester, United Kingdom

Astronomy is the reason I get up in the morning. It’s the reason I live. Sure, I was happy before I found it, but when I saw that first shooting star my heart skipped a beat, I just stared up at all the beautiful and unique stars, speechless. That night my stomach had butterflies, it was so magnificent. It might not be much to others, but to somebody that loves astronomy, that one shooting star entails so much more than dust and rock. It entails the death and life of a star, the future present and past. It shows just how vast this universe is, and how small we are. That one dying star, splits through our dark skies for only a second, millions can see it, yet it’s only near Earth for a while. It then goes off into the deeper universe, passing where we have never been. It passes through millions of miles breaking apart. Imagine how many places it’s visited, where we haven’t even got close.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

1 comment(s)
a.w.writing
The stars always make me feel infinite. Great job on this, very relatable and well written. 
Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:40 PM • Report
Close