Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Slender: The Eight Pages This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By CW239, New York, NY

The sky is dark with scattered stars. The only sound is your ragged breath and the crunch of leaves beneath your feet. Your flashlight flickers. Finally, you reach a large, twisted tree with a piece of paper nailed to it. Scrawled in pencil are the words, “Don't look … or it takes you.” You hear a boom and a gasp escapes your lips as you spin around.A tall man with long arms and no face stares at you.

“Slender: The Eight Pages,” previously known as “Slender,” is a horror game for Windows and Mac developed by Parsec Productions. It sets you in a forest with the objective to collect eight pieces of paper (or pages). There is no way to escape and it seems completely peaceful – until you pick up the first page. Then, you are stalked by the teleporting ­monstrosity known as Slender Man, and looking at him will cause you to lose “sanity.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

6 comment(s)
Girl-gamer
Slenderman is really just a shadow demon that feeds off of people's souls. his white skin covers his outh but when it opens, it shows a horrifying mouth filled with black goo.
Oct. 17, 2014 at 1:43 PM • Report
pulledheartstring
For me personally, I can't play games that have characters that randomly pop up. For some reason, I freak out quite a lot -- even watching the Slender gameplays on youtube freaked me out.
Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:25 PM • Report
MarieAntoinette2012
I got so freaked out the first time I played this. It was midnight, and I didn't have the light on. I fell off my bed when he popped up.
Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:05 PM • Report
Super_Mario_Prose
Few people take time to notice free-to-play games like Slender, let alone play them. I'm glad you took the time to talk about this game and get it noticed. Slender is a curious little game, and although it may be simple and not magnificently put together, it does have some good scares in it, and a nice little game to play around with. Good review ;)
Dec. 08, 2012 at 5:25 PM • Report
ShiningYoshi
Awesome game review! You really captured the fear of Slender in the article :) Good word choice too ...You know who I am, you showed me the cover for your Slender review :D
Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM • Report
CW239
Thanks a lot. Everyone, make sure to check out this guy's review of New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS, it's really cool.
Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:49 PM • Report
Close