Questions?? | Teen Ink

Questions??

By Lzappy GOLD, Plainsboro, New Jersey
Lzappy GOLD, Plainsboro, New Jersey

Do we add then subtract? Or subtract, and then add? Questions help us clarify things that we don’t understand. Word of advice: it doesn’t hurt to ask a question. People think others who ask a lot of questions are considered stupid. But that’s not the case. Questions actually teach us things that we did not know before the lesson. It is also the same case for requesting help. It won’t make you stupid; it will be beneficial to you. Also, the teacher won’t think that you are a dumb student if you need help. He or she will know that you are trying to learn more about this topic in class. Questions can help you with clarification.

“Does anyone have any questions?” asks my math teacher. No one raises his or her hand. The reality is that almost everyone in the classroom has a question but is afraid to ask. When I was in seventh grade, I had trouble with math. I got a really poor grade and my average went down. I asked my mom to E-Mail the teacher if I could re-do the test. The teacher said no, but you could come for help during flex, which is a period that allows student to do homework or ask questions. Every day for 10 days, I went to my teacher for help. By the time I had my next test, I earned an A. On the bright side, I received the help I needed and I earned an A throughout the rest of the year. Asking questions and getting help can lead students to great opportunities in the future.

In conclusion, if you have a question, don’t hesitate to ask the teacher. The teacher is there to teach. Thus, take advantage of the knowledge of your teachers. The first thing to overcome is fear, itself, and the only way to do that is to try new things. Asking questions when needing help is the second way to succeed in life. Questions can help you with clarification.