Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

The Last Dragon Tears This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By Shen4, Quezon City, NCR, Philippines

Her black hole eyes stared back into his muddy pools, now leaking salt water. The scales below glistened in the light of the setting sun. His earth green wings tightly folded against his rough hide, providing warmth for the fast coming night.
She tilted her skull, covered with deep blue, smooth, chips of armor. He understood her gesture and raised his left forearm, the beautiful shades of green smothered with dark liquid. She grimaced, not enjoying the sight, and shook her brow. He bowed his head in shame.
She opened her wings, offering comfort. He cautiously drew near and snuggled up alongside her underbelly. She bent over and licked his wound clean. Occasionally he would release a yelp of pain, but was quiet most of the time.
When the process was complete he withdrew from her sanctuary, wobbling on his left leg, and nodded his thanks.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

3 comment(s)
Shen4
nah, it's only one story. though making it another longer story does sound like a good idea. i let you know if i do ...
Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:26 AM • Report
Bibliomaniac
Nice. I could feel the escalating beat in my ears as I read. Is this part of another story?
Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM • Report
Shen4
Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM • Report
Close