My Angel | Teen Ink

My Angel

By giggles1408 BRONZE, Newton, Texas
giggles1408 BRONZE, Newton, Texas

Chuck Norris is the reason Edward Cullen sparkles. He roundhouse kicked the fairy right into him.-Original Sarah Davis

On January 6, 2011 an angel, not even in disguise, came into my life, he was 7 pounds 6 ounces and 19 inches long. This angel is my son, and goes by the name of Danial Allen. He has since become my whole world and is everything dear to me. he has had a major impact on my life. He made me more responsible and determined, which are two things I definitely needed.

I was a freshman in high school and not going down the right path. I was partying and not worried about school at all. Then I found out I was pregnant. I had a lot of growing up to do and not a lot of time to do it. I decided right there that my child meant more to me than getting high. I dropped my “party buddies” and with a little help from my mother matured into someone fit to raise a child. I now have a job, a career picked out, and am on my way to a better life.

I come from a poor family. I have never known anything better than foodstamps and “first of the month” checks. No one from my family has gone to college, and only two have graduated from high school However, that is not what I want my son growing up knowing. I am going to graduate from college with a degree and get a good job. My son will never go with out, I simply will not let him.

My son is everything to me. He’s the apple of my eye and I would be nothing without him. I would probably have just ended up in prison right next to my grandfather, cousins, and brother. Thanks to him, I have matured enough to want to do better. I can not just worry about me now because I have him to worry about. My angel deserves better than the life I had, and I am determined to give it to him.

This is an essay I wrote in English about some one who is important to me.