The Demigod Zombie Killer (a Percy Jackson/Walking Dead crossover) | Teen Ink

The Demigod Zombie Killer (a Percy Jackson/Walking Dead crossover)

I hear moaning and screaming.I climb the hill to see a gory sight of demigod campers being attacked by zombies and people with guns shooting them. My name is Percy Jackson. I start racing towards the big house slashing zombies down as they come. I race in to see Chiron, my centaur teacher, over the body of a camper. He looks at me and starts lumbering towards me with a gruesome face. I see Annabeth curled up in a corner still looking human. Then a man busts down the door and aims his gun at me.
"Whoa", I yell,"I'm human! Well, part human."
"Whats the other part?"
"God. Poseidon to be exact. Now I'm curious,who are you?"
"Rick grimes. You? Who's she? Is she human?"
"Names Percy Jackson. She's Annabeth,My girlfriend. i think she's human but Chiron definitely isn't."
"Oh, the centaur?"
"How did you know he was a centaur? Oh, i guess with the zombie apocalypse, the mist is failing."
Suddenly I hear lightning crashes and thunder from outside. I race out to see Jason slashing down zombies by the millions.
'Wow',i thought, 'I never realized how many campers we had.'I brought out anaklusmos or riptide.
"Wait" , Rick called to me,"A sword will do nothing to a zombie. Here's a gun."
He handed Percy a huge rifle.
"Uh, you know demigods and guns don't mix. With the ADHD,"
"Oh, I didn't. You can stick with your sword. Don't want you accidentally shooting one of my men or women."
"Okay, sorry."
"Hey, kid its all right. Its not your fault that that you can't control a gun."
"Thanks. Lets find Leo and the others. Stay here and defend the camp I'll bring back people as I find them."
I started running around gathering them up and killing zombies. Soon we all gathered.
"OK" , I said lightheartedly,"Leo get the Argo 2 ready. Our camp has officially been taken over. This is Rick. He's been in situations like this before so listen to him for instructions. Lets move out!"
Soon we gathered on the Argo 2 heading for camp Jupiter to defend them from the zombies. As we fly away form Camp Half-Blood I think of all my friends turned into zombies. Tyson,Chiron, and Grover. Then suddenly Nico shows up next to me.
"Whoa" , I yell, "Where did you come from?"
"Underworld. Percy, no ones down there."
"Wow. So this infection has gone worldwide. Even the underworld isn't safe. i can't believe it."
"Yeah, so what do we do now?"
"Defend the roman camp, Camp Jupiter."
"So, who do we have on board?"
"You, me, annabeth, Jason, Leo, Piper, Hazel, Frank. Oh and Rick and his crew."
"Who's Rick?"
"He’s dealt with zombies before so we can trust him. He helped us back at camp."
"Hum...i think i have heard of him before from my dad. that guy should already be dead. He couldn't have survived this long in the zombie apocalypse."
“I’ll take that into consideration, get some sleep we’ve got a long trip.”
As I headed down to my cabin I thought about what Nico said about Rick supposed to already be dead but I was so tired I couldn’t think any longer and as soon as I put my head on my pillow I blacked out.

I woke up the next morning to moaning, yelling and sword fights. As i grab riptide i slam outside my door. I see everyone on board fighting in their pajamas. Nico was raising ghosts to fight with him which Rick didn’t look happy about who was shooting zombie heads. Piper was charm-speaking the zombies to fight for her. Jason was hitting them with lightning bolts. Leo was summoning fire to attack them. Frank was a dragon tearing them apart and Annabeth was ripping them apart with her dagger.
“What happened?” I yell.
“Zombies came about an hour ago! Didn’t want to wake you after all you did yesterday.” Annabeth replied.
“Do you know how much I love you?”
“A lot.”
” Yeah.”
“Okay, kids! Enough of the lovely-dovey moment. Time to continue busting heads.”Rick called to us while shooting a zombie.
We battled for what felt like forever until all the zombies were gone. Then we had to clan up. The girls scrubbed the deck while me and the boys did the heavy work which was tossing the zombie bodies over the edge of the ship. Then Rick taught us how to kill a zombie by stabbing, shooting, anything to break the skull. Then Rick told us his story of how he was a cop and got shot and blacked out for a few months while the zombie apocalypse started. This was sudden for us at Long Island Sound for some reason so we didn’t have to deal with food shortages and not getting bit. Then I broke the silence by asking: “So, where are we?”
“Above Louisiana. I know we haven’t gone far but there are more zombies inland then on the coast.”
“Another question: HOW DID ZOMBIES GET ON A FLYING SHIP!?”
“i have no idea. They just appeared in a black flash and then Nico disappeared.”
“okay guys. i think Nico went to Camp Jupiter to warn them about the invasion. Lets try and get some more sleep and we’ll talk later. Since i got more sleep i’ll stand watch and wake you guys if something comes.”
So I sat their forever. Then Nico appeared.
”Hey man, where did you go?”
”Camp Jupiter.
”ah thats what we figured. All the others are -”
“-Listen Percy I can’t stay. I’m attracting the zombies ,being a son of Hades and all, so goodbye.”
Then Nico disappeared. Soon all the others were up and Rick and I were looking at the land.
“Wow,” rick said,”I have traveled all over this country but i never thought i’d see it like this. It-Its amazing.”
” Yeah, you get used to it. It is amazing but I can see just as much on Blackjack, my Pegasus”
“Wait, a Pegasus, like in the myths?”
“Yeah all the Greek myth are real. cyclopses, centaurs, satyrs, unicorns, pegasi, gods and goddesses, dragons all of it is real.”
“Even Dionysus?”
“I’ve even met Dionysus.”
When I said that Leo yelled at us that Camp Jupiter was just beneath us. As we looked down we saw an army of zombies heading straight for Camp Jupiter. We also saw tons of Romans in armor holding swords preparing for a war.

As we landed we prepared for a war. I uncapped Riptide. Leo pulled a hammer out of his tool-belt. Jason flipped his coin and a giant sword appeared. Annabeth pulled out her bronze knife. Piper pulled out Katropis. Hazel pulled out her sword. Frank pulled out his bow and Rick brought out his rifle. We charged into the scene and I saw some of my old friends from when I lost my memory and came to Camp Jupiter. We battled for what felt like forever. I kept seeing black flashes which I think was Nico helping. Then he flashed again and i noticed that he was getting tired from shadow traveling too much. Soon the zombies surrounded him to where he couldn’t escape. Then he poofed on a hill.
“Percy! I can’t take much more!”
I noticed a bite mark on his leg and blood dripping from it. Then he collapsed on his knees then on his face. I walked up to him to see if he was okay and he was burning up. Then Rick showed up next to me.
“It’s the fever. ONce they get bit they burn up with it and a few hours later you have got a zombie on your hands. Looks like he’ll be next.”
Suddenly Nico looked up at me and was dead. Annabeth and Piper came running up the hill to see what happened. Then Nico lunged for them and bit them. I shouted for someone to get them to sick bay while I dug my sword into Nico’s skull. No one was coming so I got Annabeth and Rick got Piper and we carried them to sick bay. We put them on the beds and I sank next to Annabeth. Soon I felt warm tears swell in my eyes and at some point Rick left and Jason came in to see Piper. Then when I was all alone, she woke up and looked me in the eye.
“Hey.” I said
She didn’t answer.
“You a zombie or are you alive?”
I heard Piper waking up and as she lunged past me I cut off her head and stabbed my sword into it. Then Annabeth lunged for me but I couldn’t put my sword into her and I let her run past me. She sat in the corner of sick bay and I watched her skin start to peel off and I slowly put my sword next to her neck and thought of all the quests we had: to find Zeus’ master bolt, to go to the Sea of Monsters, to save her from Atlas, to go through the labyrinth, to save Manhattan, to find each other. It all came back in my face and then I heard a gunshot behind me and a bullet went into her skull. I turned around and saw Rick in the doorway.
“We’re the only survivors.” Rick told me.
“So we have to do this.”
“Yeah.”
We stood on a hill to finish the fight. At last I saw Chiron across the field and asked Rick if I could borrow his gun. I aimed and put a bullet in Chiron’s head.
“Good aim, kid. Maybe you can use a gun. Consider it yours.”
“Thanks.”

It has been 3 years since the zombie apocalypse started in Long Island Sound. I often think of Annabeth but that’s in the past. Now, with Rick, I travel with his crew. Daryl, Carl and others. I’m considered one of them. We have faced many zombies and deaths and right now we’re sitting in a prison trying to decide what to do next. We don’t know what started the zombie apocalypse or how to stop it. Rick gave me a pistol and let me keep my sword to defend myself against zombies in the prison. After the fight at Camp Jupiter we found Jason still alive from the fight. I told Jason what happened to Piper where she turned into a zombie and I was forced to cut off her head. He just looked at me but I could tell he was crying on the inside. Even I was but for Annabeth. Even though we don’t fight zombies as often now we still see them on the outside gate of the prison. I have to go kill the zombies now. Never stop fighting.

-Percy Jackson

Zombie Killer

This is a crossover of Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series and the hit show on AMC called The Walking Dead. I spent a lot of time on this so I hope people like it.

on Apr. 28 2023 at 5:41 am
NobodyGreek BRONZE, Navasota, Texas

We have all got both light and darkness inside of us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That is who we really are.

-Percy Jackson

Annabeth............

ArtsyAuthor PLATINUM, Oakland, New Jersey

"At first you don't succeed, try, try again."

Sorry, but this is not that good of a story. It's incredibly fast-paced and too little of details. The parts where Nico, Annabeth, and Piper dies didn't impact me at all. Maybe you can write it better. Still... it was fun to read. =)