Batman Begins | Teen Ink

Batman Begins

By FernandoAtTheMovies PLATINUM, San Diego, California
FernandoAtTheMovies PLATINUM, San Diego, California

In anticipation of The Dark Knight Rises coming out on Blu-Ray/DVD on December 4th, I will be reviewing all of Christopher Nolan's movies of The Dark Knight Trilogy, starting with Batman Begins, then The Dark Knight, and then The Dark Knight Rises

So Batman Begins tells the origin of how Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) became into The Batman. It tells how he got his initial fear of bats, the death of his parents, and his journey into becoming The Batman. Henry Ducard(Liam Neeson),speaker for Ra's Al Ghul, (leader of the League of Shadows)gives him a path were he can become something more, something better and trains him to be a symbol and tells him:
If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself into an ideal, and if no one can stop you, then you become something else entirely. A legend, Mr. Wayne.
So after all these years of training, he then decides to come back to Gotham City and become the symbol of hope for Gotham and bring his city back from its own damnation. Because Gotham City is a place that is filled with the corrupt and crime and a place where no one would choose to live there.

Batman Begins was directed by my favorite director Christopher Nolan. When I first heard about him directing I thought it was just what this franchise needed, and it came true. Christopher Nolan took inspirations from actual comic books such as Batman:Year One. Chris Nolan is a director that tries to use very little CGI and make things more realistic, which worked for this film. Bringing a franchise back from the dead and making something as realistic as possible is a phrase called "Nolanizing."

Before this film, we only saw Bruce Wayne as being a billionaire playboy who would become the Batman at night. But in this movie, they added more depth to the character than they needed. Oscar Winning Actor Christian Bale was perfect as Bruce Wayne. He portrayed the real Bruce Wayne, who he really is and the one who interacts with Alfred. He played Batman, where he strikes criminals with Fear. and he played the mask of Bruce Wayne, which is what everyone thinks that Bruce Wayne should be like. All of them Christian Bale potrayed perfectly.

The supporting characters for this film was great. Micheal Caine potrayed the best Alfred that has ever been on screen, as he serves as a father figure to Bruce. I can't see anyone potraying him Gary Oldman was perfect as Jim Gordon, and like Micheal Caine, can't see another Jim Gordon. He is pretty much the unofficial partner of Batman and is one of the few good cops of Gotham. Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox was great as Bruce's insider in Gotham. Liam Neeson was great as his Henry Ducard, mentor, and he is the voice of reason and by the end of this film, you realize that he was perfect for this role.

The only complaint that I have is that Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes was underdeveloped in this film. She is the love interest and I didn't buy into her being a D.A at all. If her character wasn't in the film, the film wouldn't be any different. And Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow was good, but his character wasn't in this film a a lot.

Overall, Batman Begins was the Batman movie that I had waited for. It told more about Bruce Wayne and told one of the best origin stories in comic book history. A great way to start off The Dark Knight Trilogy and the best Batman film, Batman Begins is AWESOMETACULAR

SonicFly said...
SonicFly, San Diego, California
I liked it, without alcohol ;)