Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Teen Ink Rating and Comments

By LinkinPark12, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

So I’m new here. Well, I still feel like I’m new anyway. Everyone still talks about meaningless names intently on the General Chat, abnormal names that mean nothing to me. Yet it states on my page “Member for 2 months, 10 days, 6 hours, 7 minutes, 55 seconds”. But I know, from the knowledge of submitting my 12th article that ratings and comments mean a lot to the author, no matter how negative.

When I first joined, I advertised my stories forcefully every minute I could; to my family, to my friends, but mainly to the people who were online. Not many responded, but even so, most articles had a few ratings or even more rare, comments. Mainly positive, but a few laced with constructive criticism. These had around 90 views, though I imagine half of these must have been mine, in the constant viewing in desperate hope that someone commented within the last 5 seconds of me checking.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

6 comment(s)
I completely agree! I think many of us can relate to this. Thanks for bringing up such an important point in a well-written article!
Jan. 03, 2013 at 3:36 PM • Report
Thank you very much :)
Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM • Report
You made me laugh (whether that was your intent or not)! I'm new to TeenInk and I've submitted a few pieces and am awaiting approval. Realizing that it will take work to get others to view my stories, I've been commenting and stuff. But your letter was a cold slap in the face for me. I just realized that it will take more than what I'm doing to get the results that I want. By the way, I gave you five stars, a comment, and I've added this to my favorites!!
Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:30 PM • Report
Thanks :) I'm always glad to make someone laugh! Yeah, it does take a lot of work. I didn't mean to make you feel bad - but getting 1 view is better than getting none. It's good that you're commenting, because people see this, click on your profile and read (and then hopefully comment themselves!). Thank you very much :) That has made my day :D P.S. Happy New Year :3
Jan. 01, 2013 at 6:43 AM • Report
Happy New Years!
Jan. 01, 2013 at 7:52 PM • Report
Hey, guess what? Three of my submissions were approved and are now on the website! Can you check them out and maybe leave a comment or rating?
Jan. 05, 2013 at 5:41 PM • Report