Come Find Me | Teen Ink

Come Find Me MAG

By anitasaurus PLATINUM, Kansas City, Missouri
anitasaurus PLATINUM, Kansas City, Missouri

"Finding is losing something else. I think about, perhaps even mourn, what I lost to find this." -- Richard Brautigan

There will come a day
when the light will find you
and you will sigh no more.
I will be there in the fields of heaven,
gathering fistfuls of lavender for safekeeping.
Come find me.
I will wait.

What I imagine my sister would say. I don't think she would want me to be afraid.

Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

very beautiful, no doubt in my mind that your sister would be proud of your writing.

on Dec. 29 2012 at 11:21 am
ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

OMG. Just OMG. That is so incredibly uplifting and inspirational. The coolest part about this poem is that once you have read it, it starts meaning more to you after you think about it and put it into your own situation. Wow you are incredibly talented. AMAZING WORK:) Come check out some of my work as well! I would appreciate it!

irishlass317 said...
on Dec. 29 2012 at 2:30 am
irishlass317, Jefferson City, Missouri

"I asked Jesus 'How much do you love me?' He answered 'This much.' And He streched out His arms and died."

Oh. mygosh. I can even express to you how breathtaking this is. The simplicity and simpleness of it make it so beautiful and amazing!!!