Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Hunter

By Jazei, Warminster, PA

Chapter 1: The Book
Rain dampened the asphalt. A smell rose into the mist, the fresh scented midnight dew. The cloaked figure, clad in darkness, stood silently, and motionless against the shadowed moonlight. The swirling steam from the ground seemed to go through him. He held a book in his gloved hand. The book was wrapped all in brown paper.

The man stood for several hours, a hood over his closed eyes. Then, the mist lifted, and hung in the trees like a blanket. The cover of the mist was purposeful, as if to hide something. The mans hand clenched, and a moment later, he was thrown to the ground, maybe twenty feet from where he stood. His eyes shot open, and above him, a man sat on his stomach, holding his arms down straight at his sides. The man was very hairy and strong. From behind the trees, another man, very tall, appeared, wearing a full navy blue suit.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
In_Love_with_Writing
Very interesting. Kind of spooky in a way too. And check out some of my stories! Please rate them, subscribe, or comment if you can. It really means a lot and brings a smile to my face each time. Thank you so much!
Jan. 05, 2013 at 2:03 PM • Report
Ourzen
About your note on the first chap. That's sort of like me as well! I'm still not finished with mine fully yet. Around 50 pages on Word, about to the middle. :)
Jan. 04, 2013 at 11:50 PM • Report
Close