Trees | Teen Ink

Trees

By CaitLoretta BRONZE, Huntington Beach, California
CaitLoretta BRONZE, Huntington Beach, California

"Where do I get a chocolate boyfriend?" Christopher Palu
"If you've been to Notre Dame, no explantation is necessary. If you haven't been there, no explanation will suffice." Lou Holtz

At the age of three, I was a tree in the winter, with all my branches bare and waiting to be filled with the knowledge that the world would bring me. At the age of ten, I was a tree in spring ready to grow with new information and at fifteen I was a tree in the summer, my leaves full from what I had learned and experienced. Now, while my tree's foundational roots will stay grounded, the leaves of familiarity will be shed, only to re-grow with my education at Notre Dame, specifically the Mendoza School of Business. I have chosen Notre Dame not only for what I will receive, but also for what I can give through service such as Best Buddies and the synchronized skating team. I can also share in faith-filled service in a way that only Notre Dame students can. Now, at 18, I am ready to be a tree in the fall, planted on the Notre Dame campus.

I wanted to show my personality in the Notre Dame article. This came really easily so I stuck with it.