The Last 10 Seconds by Simon Kernick | Teen Ink

The Last 10 Seconds by Simon Kernick

By madihayameen PLATINUM, Karachi, Other
madihayameen PLATINUM, Karachi, Other

The Last 10 Seconds
Simon Kernick

Age: 12+ (as said recommended by Simon Kernick himself)
Rating: 5 out of 5
Genre: Thriller, Mystery, Crime, Action

36 HOURS AGO
A brutal serial killer is arrested on the streets of north London after a two-year reign of terror. Known as Night-Creeper, he has earned his reputation by torturing five young women to death.
24 HOURS AGO
Undercover cop Sean Egan has infiltrated one of the country’s most notorious criminal gangs. Now he’s about to risk his life in a desperate bid to bring its members to justice.
12 HOURS AGO
DI Tina Boyd has discovered that the Night Creeper’s murders are part of a much larger criminal conspiracy. However, her quest for the truth has brought her into contact with some very dangerous people who want to silence her – permanently.
THE LAST 10 SECONDS
A man, a woman, a sadistic killer. As they race towards a terrifying confrontation only thong is curtained: they are all going to have to fight very hard just to stay alive.

“That's the hardest thing to accept, the fact that my life is finally coming to an end, and I wonder briefly in these last few seconds, as the pain and the shock squeeze at my insides, whether there's anyone left to mourn my passing. Whether I'll even be remembered in ten years' time”
Confused by the lines above? It’s just an excerpt from a novel, but not any novel, it’s The Last 10 Seconds by Simon Kernick, one of the Britain’s most greatest thriller writer.
In Kernick’s this bombshell of a book, you will NOT find a police-vs.-serial-killer story. This will keep you nail-biting till the final.
The story revolves around the wrong – or maybe right - accusation on Night Creeper for killing some young women. The baby-faced killer will do his best to prove himself innocent. Will he succeed?
Sean Egan is on a mission. A mission to avenge his brother’s 15-year-old murder. He will find himself playing an accomplice of some really bad boys, on a really bad task. The game will become life threatening. Will he survive?
Tina and Sean will work hard from dawn until dusk then dawn again to seek justice. Will end up meeting each other, without knowing they both are holding the same picture but from different edges. Who is behind all this? Why? Where? When? Simon will make you enough desperate to know, that you will jumble over words to finish the last of the book.

I just love thrillers and I'm a big fan of Simon Kernick, thats why i decided to write its review.