Les Miserables | Teen Ink

Les Miserables

By Alexandriaa Lopez BRONZE, Federal Heights, Colorado
Alexandriaa Lopez BRONZE, Federal Heights, Colorado

Lés Miserablés is a mesmerizing and tear-jerking film. Tom Hooper has done a great job transforming Victor Hugo's massive 1862 novel into a beautiful musical. There were a lot of different characters. One that caught my eye was a woman named Fantine, played by Anne Hathaway. This woman had a nice job but was fired for asking her boss for more money, she was forced into prostitution to pay off debts, she was saved from that way of life and then died. When she sung she was very powerful and passionate, she sent chills down my spine.

Each character had a different story. But the main character John val John, played by Hugh Jackman, had the most interesting story. He was sent to prison for stealing a loaf of bread for a dying relative. He was put on parole but ran away and became a man of God. The officer that gave him parole was inspector Javert, played by Russell Frow, has been searching for him since. John val Jhon became the mayor of a town and met Fantine. He saved her. When she was on her death bed he promised her he would take care of her daughter named corzette. He was amazing scarifying part of his life to watch this little girl who was a stranger’s daughter.

Is this movie worth watching? Absolutely. it gives you a bunch of different emotions. It gives you joy, grief, happiness, anger, irritation and hope. Different stories are told in song and it is just a great and heartwarming film. I would strongly recommend people watch it. it definantly is worth your money. The voices of the actors are phenomenal. They made me cry and laugh.

English assignment

IMSteel BRONZE said...
IMSteel BRONZE, Wallhala, South Carolina

"Learn from Yesterday, live for Today, hope for Tomorrow" - Albert Einstein

"Brevity is the Soul of Wit" - The Which

For one, Fantine did not lose her job for asking for more money, she lost her job because she had a child, but no husband.  John Val John is not spelled like that, it is spelled: Jean Valjean, I don't blame you for mixing that up, it's a common misconception.  And it's Cossete, and the actor for Javert is named Russel Crowe. But you are right, it was a awe inspiring film, the best film, in fact, that I have seen in many years.  Hugh Jackman finally showed his genious.